oneBoro Forum

Stuart Attwell

How is this man still allowed to officiate? I've honestly never seen him referee a game that didn't have at least a couple of dodgy decisions.

And some of them have been corkers.

Remember that 'ghost' goal between Watford and Reading? The Liverpool goal against Sunderland where the Macks thought the ball was dead? The Derby-Forest derby where he lost control?

Yet another shocking game today too. The man needs to be struck off.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He and even his linesmen where giving illogical decisions. In the first half he was letting dozens of fouls from Blackburn players on ours go unpunished. One of the worst refereeing performances I've seen.

I'm with LukeR on this. He gave some odd decisions, but a lot of the worst ones were when he was unsighted and relying on the linesman who was on Ledesma's side of the pitch and he was bloody awful! Attwell seemed to get worse as the game wore on and in the second half he was making some baffling decisions. How rovers escaped without a single yellow card is an amazement to me.

I'm with LukeR on this. He gave some odd decisions, but a lot of the worst ones were when he was unsighted and relying on the linesman who was on Ledesma's side of the pitch and he was bloody awful! Attwell seemed to get worse as the game wore on and in the second half he was making some baffling decisions. How rovers escaped without a single yellow card is an amazement to me.

this...

I doubt he'd apologise when it was almost certainly intentional :P It looks like he takes another stride and dips his shoulder into her back. Dirty old ***!

this...

Agree with this, although Carayol was getting pulled and pushed all over and nothing was given. The linesman in front of the West was awful, not only for us either. He missed balls that have gone out of play, corners & goal kicks given the wrong way, he was truly awful. I think Attwell was more frustrating than poor, I think he was trying to let the game flow at times but that sometimes came across as poor refereeing.

Attwell looked incompetent, but he didn't look actively biased against us like we've seen at some points this season (they probably aren't biased against us, but there have been games where we've got absolutely nothing from the officials)

He wasn't a good ref, but he wasn't biased against either side. The linesman was utterly useless (on the West Stand side). Several times he gave a goal kick when it should have been a corner, or didn't signal an obvious foul (when their RB or RM was holding Carayol back by his face!). When the ref was unsighted, he had no assistance from that linesman and that was irritating. Equally he gave a goal kick to us when it was very, very blatantly a Blackburn corner. He was utterly useless and I'm not convinced he gave a correct decision all match. Another one I've just remembered was when Chalobah kept the ball in play excellently but he signalled for a goal kick. The ineptitude of officials in this league is woeful.