oneBoro Forum

World Cup, Brazil 2014

with the world cup fast approaching

is it likely that a new section for it will be opened

or do we just post world cup linked threads on non boro section

CAN one of the main men shed any light please .

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IVe a feeling this thread will far surpass that previous one! Funny reading through it that about half the posts on it are from either then or now mods! So much blue and green haha

Bit conflicted about who to support. England obviously. Japan will be my second team but they are in the same group as Colombia who I also want to qualify so its a bit difficult.

I can see the US being something of a dark-horse. I also fancy Switzerland to make a run to the quarter-finals.

Cheeky tenner on Lukaku getting the golden boot as well. (33/1) Aguero (16/1) and Neymar (14/1) are also worth some money as well.

Backed Belgium to win it. European teams tend not to thrive in the heat but hopefully the fact they're all young will make up for that. Incredible squad, just need to get them playing as one. Plus they don't really face a challenge until quarters. Benteke's injury throws a spanner in the works but they have cover.

If not this year, they'll win Euros

probably see some suprise performances during the first stage but i cant see past argentina and brazil plus germany from the non south american teams .

got a sneeky feeling that spain wont be in the last four this time .

as for outsiders .... switzerland are on the up and chile looked good against us recently . portugal and bosnia may well qualify from thier groups .

not certain tbh if england will even get through the group but cant envisage any success really .

As I said in a previous thread, I dont see Belgium doing anything. Every time Ive seen them play they are a set of individuals much like the dutch, trying to outshine each other. If it clicks theyll be a big threat but ive seen nothing to suggest that it will.

Dark horses for me are columbia and chile, both of which I fancy seeing in the quarters.

Really cant look past Brazil, they were brilliant in the confederations cup last summer, Huge pressure on them but its a very good squad

If Brazil dont win it Germany will i think

As I said in a previous thread, I dont see Belgium doing anything. Every time Ive seen them play they are a set of individuals much like the dutch, trying to outshine each other. If it clicks theyll be a big threat but ive seen nothing to suggest that it will.

Dark horses for me are columbia and chile, both of which I fancy seeing in the quarters.

Japan beat them in a friendly in Belgium a few months back, as did Colombia both of whom were missing key first team players.

The only thing they have going for them is that they have a very easy run to the quarter-finals.

Although admittedly, I don't know much about Belgium on the pitch, they seem like a close group of friends off the pitch. There are plenty of photos/videos going around of them all having a laugh. They also seem friendly to each other on twitter. Plus with kompany as captain, I am sure he would deal well with any egos, it doesn't appear to be a problem at man city.will be looking forward to seeing them play.