oneBoro Forum

oneBoro forum members meet up Charlton away advanced notice

Hi guys and hope you are all looking forward to start of the season:)

I got a message from Borodane stating that he was trying to do a UK trip so that he could take in the Charlton away game on 27th September and obviously this has prompted this thread so that as many as the southern based members if they wanted could meet up before the game for a few beers (very decent away pub closeby)

This being an advanced notice should prompt our very own NB4 to finally do as he has threatned and come over to the UK for a game so Kevin this is aimed at you too mate:D

Boksic has already mentioned that he would get to the meet to obviously meet BD (nice bloke and a good drinker btw).

So who is for a meet up at Charlton? and don't worry I will organise more nearer the date but thought I would give as much notice as possible

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a chance for me, will have just started college and won't have the funds.

I will say that I may be able to attend a London away day at some point this season though.

Haha I'm not sure what my work schedule will be like then, but I am off for 2 weeks at the end of August and was looking into the possibility of either Sheff Wed or Reading at the riverside, dependent on if I decide to go away or not. Would either of these suit?

This one is more aimed at the Southern based supporters NB4 and really due to BD coming to England, and to be honest it seems more members show up on th away games however if you do take a home game in then I am certain you will get to meet a few Bib for example as he is always keen to meet other members for a drink.

Have a weekend away in London so that you can take the Charlton game in

Gotta clear something up first with a friend of mine, as I don't wanna go to London for a weekend by myself:)

I brought a friend to a game at palace a few years back where we met up with some boro boys and Downsouth. We really enjoyed ourselves and even though my friend isn't a boro fan he'd really like to go again. However, he has been offered a job in Malaysia but he doesn't know the exact circumstances yet, so I can't say if we are going until later this month.

I really hope we can make it.

I might be able to pop down from Birmingham for it; all depends on work, though. Couldn't say until nearer the time!

Also, if the meet happens, there's a really cheap Sam Smiths pub on the corner of Trafalgar Square called 'Chandos.' It's literally 1 mins walk from Charing Cross, where you can get a direct train to Charlton which takes around 25 mins. Highly recommend that as a meeting place :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I convinced my brother to go to London with me and attend the Charlton game. He's a Chelsea supporter, but he is a bit excited about seeing boro as he's heard a lot about them over the last 18 years.

We're going to stay from Friday-Sunday. Does anyone know of any cheap accommodation. We're thinking about using the airBnB site which offers pretty cheap apartments through private people. .

Does anyone want to house us? :)

Just booked our flight tickets to London for that weekend. I hope to see some of you there in a pub before the game. Really excited already for what will only be my second boro game.

Did you look at the link I gave you BD regarding cheap accomodation?

@ Borodownsouth Ross whats he name of the pub close to the Charlton ground for away fans??

Yeah, I did. But we have just contacted a lady thriough the AirBnB, where we can rent an apartment for just £150 for the whole weekend. With us being there for the weekend we'd also like something thats a bit central

• 2 weeks later...