oneBoro Forum

The Infallible, Definitive FM 2014 Test!

As I have some spare time on my hands before heading off to work 12-13 hours a day again for the whole of August (boo...), I thought i'd give this a test.

In the Transfer Rumours thread, we occasionally like to discuss how good a linked player is on Football Manager, and sometimes the topic of how well scouted the games data generally is.

So, to the point: I've downaloded, and further updated, a database with all of this summers transfers to date (15/07/2014), and am going to run three test seasons - without a human manager at any club.

SEASON 1:

Current Boro Squad, including Kike & Meijas - plus Vossen, Clayton & Omeruo

SEASON 2:

Current Boro Squad, including Kike & Meijas - plus Clayton & Omeruo

SEASON 3:

Current Boro Squad, including Kike & Meijas - plus no-one.

I'll run it in Holiday mode and post periodic updates on this page and the game system does it's magic. Should be interesting to see how each pans out! :)

SEASON 1:

Update 1 - Competitive at Christmas!

League Position: 8th

Carling Cup: Quarter Final vs. Spurs (Lost 1:3)

FA Cup: 3rd Round vs. Sunderland (tbd)

Top Scorer: Kike (27 Apps, 16 goals)

Top Assists: Kike (27 Apps, 10 Assists)

Top Player: Kike (Av R: 7.18/10)

Boro surged up the table with a 6 game unbeaten streak before falling apart a little around Christmas; a 3-1 loss away at Charlton preceding a 4-0 mauling by Blackburn at the Riverside aren't exactly the best spring board into the New Year...

In terms of the new signings; Kike has been immense. Voseen very good, Omeruo & Clayton solid, Meijas decent as No. 1. The chosen Right Back was a lad from Sporting Gijon - Luis Hernandez - on the recommendation of Karanka.

New Signing Stats:

Kike - P: 27, G: 16, A: 10, PoM: 4, Av R: 7.18

Vossen - P: 25, G: 9, A: 5, PoM: 4, Av R: 7.06

Clayton - P: 27, G: 2, A: 3, PoM: 0, Av R: 6.93

Omeruo - P: 27, G: 1, A: 0, PoM: 1, Av R: 7.00

Meijas - P: 27, C: 34, Cln: 5, PoM: 0, Av R: 6.70

Championship Table:

1 - Blackburn - 47 pts

2 - Norwich - 45

----------------------

3 - Watford - 44

4 - Cardiff - 42

5 - Reading - 40

6 - Wolves - 39

----------------------

7 - Millwall(!) - 38

8 - Boro - 36

Update 2: Narrow Margin Heartache for Boro...

League Position: 7th

Carling Cup: Quarter Final vs. Spurs (Lost 1:3)

FA Cup: 3rd Round Replay vs. Sunderland (Lost 2-3)

Top Scorer: Jelle Vossen (51 Apps, 22 goals)

Top Assists: Jelle Vossen (51 Apps, 15 Assists)

Top Player: Albert Adomah (Av R: 7.17/10)

Boro miss out on the Play-Offs by 2 points, with Jelle Vossen taking the Drivers Seat after Kike went on a dire run of form which saw him go 14 games without a goal - thus losing his place in the team... With Carayol back from injury, he took Tomlin's place wide-left, meaning Tomlin coming inside to the No. 10 role and Vossen leading the front-line in place of the mis-firing Kike.

New Signings Stats:

Kike - P: 37 (8), G: 17, A: 13, PoM: 4, Av R: 6.99

Vossen - P: 51, G: 22, A: 15, PoM: 6, Av R: 7.06

Clayton - P: 49, G: 6, A: 8, PoM: 0, Av R: 6.94

Omeruo - P: 50 (1), G: 2, A: 0, PoM: 2, Av R: 6.94

Meijas - P: 39, C: 58, Cln: 8, PoM: 0, Av R: 6.71

Final Championship Table:

1 - Blackburn - 97 pts

2 - Norwich - 92

----------------------

3 - Cardiff - 90

4 - Watford - 89

5 - Reading - 81

6 - Wolves - 78

----------------------

7 - Boro - 76

SEASON 2:

Update 1 - STILL Competitive at Christmas!

League Position: 7th

Carling Cup: Quarter Final vs. Chelsea (Lost 0:5)

FA Cup: 3rd Round vs. Derby (tbd)

Top Scorer: Kike (27 Apps, 18 goals)

Top Assists: Albert Adomah (21 (1) Apps, 6 Assists) / Emmanuel Ledesma (23 (3), 6 Assists)

Top Player: Kike (Av R: 7.29/10)

A fantastic start to the season which saw Boro keep 5 clean sheets in their opening 7 games gave us a great foundation to build upon in the first half of the campaign. Ledesma really stepped up to the task of filling the boots left by Voseen and Carayol's injury by chipping in with 12 goals and 6 assists - with Tomlin playing the all-important No. 10 role and Ledesma operating from the Left Flank. Kike has another great start to his Boro career - netting 13 in the league with only Fulham's Mitroglu having scored more (19). Meijas, interestingly, hasn't been first choice in this game, despite Karanka favouring him in Season 1!

New Signings Stats:

Kike - P: 27, G: 18, A: 5, PoM: 3, Av R: 7.29

Clayton - P: 13 (3), G: 2, A: 2, PoM: 0, Av R: 6.76

Omeruo - P: 23, G: 0, A: 0, PoM: 1, Av R: 6.81

Meijas - P: 4, C: 7, Cln: 1, PoM: 0, Av R: 6.65

Current Championship Table:

1 - Reading - 50 pts

2 - Wigan - 44

----------------------

3 - Leeds - 44

4 - Derby - 41

5 - Norwich - 41

6 - Blackburn - 39

----------------------

7 - Boro - 38

Update 2: Boro Narrowly Miss Out on Top 2...

League Position: 3rd

Carling Cup: Quarter Final vs. Chelsea (Lost 0:5)

FA Cup: 3rd Round Replay vs. Derby (Lost 3-2)

Top Scorer: Kike (53 Apps, 30 goals)

Top Assists: Albert Adomah (46 (2) Apps, 14 Assists) / Emmanuel Ledesma (46 (4), 14 Assists)

Top Player: Emmanuel Ledesma (Av R: 7.19/10)

Boro suffer automatic promotion heartache as they narrowly miss out on the Top 2 by just 2 points. New star Kike smahes in 30 in his debut season, despite a gruelling 11 hour goal drought towards the back-end of the campaign. Still, his 24 Championship goals are only bettered by that man again - Kostas Mitroglu of Fulham. Emmanuel Ledesma is the biggest surprise of Boro's season - notching up 21 goals and 14 assists, picking up 9 PoM awards along the way - more tan twice the ammount of any other Boro player. After an injury to Jason Steele, Tomas Meijas took the No. 1 jersey and kept it for the second half of the season.

Boro are set to play Norwich in the Play-Off Semi-Final, with either Leeds or Derby awaiting the victors at Wembley.

Final Championship Table:

1 - Reading - 92 pts

2 - Wigan - 84

----------------------

3 - Boro - 82

4 - Leeds - 82

5 - Derby - 76

6 - Norwich - 75

----------------------

Play-Off Semi-Finals (1st Leg):

Norwich 1-1 Middlesbrough

Derby 0-3 Leeds

Kike rescues a late draw for Boro to give them the slight home advantage of the second leg. Leeds give a great performance at the iPro to whet the appetite of a possible bad-tempered grudge match at Wembley!

Play-Off Semi-Finals (2nd Leg):

Middlesbrough 1-0 Norwich (2-1 Agg)

Leeds 3-2 Derby (6-2 Agg)

Kike again comes to the rescue with the only goal of a closely contested 2nd leg. Norwich dominated possesion with 57% of the ball, but Boro matched them shot-for-shot going forward. ring on Leeds! "Que Sera, Sera!"

Play-Off Final:

Middlesbrough 0-3 Leeds

Boro are heart-broken again... :(

Despite having 16 shots, 4 more than their rivals, Boro only managed a solitary shot on target as they put in a wasteful performance in an otherwise even game. Leeds were simply the more clinical team, and will be playing Premiership football next season as a result.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember to make sure the assistent doesn't do any transfer dealings. Also, you need to check that Rhys and Carayol are out injured until january.

Remember to make sure the assistent doesn't do any transfer dealings. Also, you need to check that Rhys and Carayol are out injured until january.

That's a very valid point... Perhaps the most realistic for Boro is to make AK an Assistant Manager, add a human manager, and let the Assistant do all the games...

All I can say so far is damn... Kike is beast! :D

loving this thread!

P.S - If Kike doesn't get 30 goals I am blaming you for getting me too excited...

Haha! I'm afraid of that too... Though the Final Update of Season 1 has been posted... Doesn't make for great reading in terms of Kike, i'm afraid :-/

I remember I had Vossen on one of my previous games from FM 2013. He was very good addition in the Premiership and scored 20 plus goals in each season I had him - eventually sold him onto Genoa if I remember correctly in his 30's.

Big Ken is immense on FM2014, once he matures, he's easily worth 20 plus million.

Some of the Kike/Vossen results look very positive. I still think if we sign the players we want, and avoiding any major injuries, apart from the current ones we have, it'll be a fruitful season.

I'm actually doing something fairly similar.

Got the transfers all up (including Vossen and Omeruo but not Clayton) and I'm about to play a season with Karanka as Assistant.

Friends joined the game doing the same thing with Crystal Palace and Bolton.