oneBoro Forum

Player sponsorship

I am thinking of sponsoring a player for my business! I know that we did it on the forum, can you show stats that proved that it was a success for the forum and worth the outlay?

Think you'd be hard pushed to find any sort of quantitative evidence to prove this sort of marketing is beneficial or not to your business. All you can realistically go on is potential circulation over a random fraction of people that will see this multiplied by the home games. To give you the exposure, whether that leads to direct sales...you'd never be able to tell, its more about reinforcing the brand recognition/identity to potential and current customers.

Especially with oneboro sponsorship where it was more of a raffle than anything else, the promotion of the best boro forum out there was more of a side line I believe. I suppose the admins could look at the increase in unique visitors over that period but it'd be impossible to state how much was due to natural growth via word of mouth or how much was from that or other places of advertisement.

How does something like that actually work? Do you pay the club money and then you can (for example) put George friends face on the side of a bottle of loreal?

Don't look at me like that, you were all thinking it:)

Id buy it!!

This really depends what industry you are in but as a general rule i would advise people to invest in ppc rather than sponsorship. There are some exceptions and it also depends on what the player can do in return for your investment ie endorsements appearences etc. Pm me if you want and we can have a chat

I would say player sponsorship is more about supporting the club rather than advertising your business.

If you want to increase revenue/footfall/brand exposure there are far better way to spend your advertising budget.