oneBoro Forum

Grant Leadbitter

Personally I think he is our best midfielder and wouldn't want him to be sold but many people have different opinions on him so...

Dreadful set pieces and equally woeful shooting ability. I'd price him around 1.5mil -2mil nevertheless. One of our better players I reckon but certainly not a championship star. Like someone said (Prowler?) I'd be devastated if we burned the amount of cash Forest were willing to spend on him last year.

Good all round Championship player. He does the little stuff you don't notice. We need to keep him.

That said, I'll have to disagree with Humpty regarding his goals record - its not good. 1 in 10 at Ipswich and 1 in 7 at the Boro. I expect more from a CM of his lauded ability.

Im on the fence getting splinters here. Last season his stats looked very good ie goals and assists. I would however sell if an offer in the region we were offered last season came in however at the same time I hope he doesnt become a "you dont know what you've got until its gone". For me he is a hardworking midfielder in a similar mould to Noble at West Ham.

For me he's not only our best midfielder, but also our best player full stop, he is by far the most consistent player we have, i never come away from a match thinking "Leadbitter had a nightmare" a fair few people will argue Friend/Adomah are our best players, but pretty much every game until january ish last year Friend was terrible and everybody knows Adomah goes missing in games.

Often, when teams get promoted, they sign good championship players on the basis of well, if we don't stay up, they'll help us when we come back down. I think Leadbitter is that kind of player, a solid, dependable midfielder who can play a strong part in a push for promotion and a lower half of Premier League team. He's no world beater but not many in the Championship are. A good player to have, I reckon, who is better than many of his opponents at this level. I'm surprised none of the sides going up this time haven't been linked.

Not many better in the champo at what he does. Most people who watch all of our games and take note of what he does will realise how important he is. Like all forums, people just like to moan about someone. He may not be a world beater but I can't remember him not being first choice at any club he's played for so I guess that means all his managers rate him too

Good, solid consistent championship player but nothing more, laughable to think we turned down 4 million for him last season though. what were we thinking

Good, solid consistent championship player but nothing more, laughable to think we turned down 4 million for him last season though. what were we thinking

Did we really though? Or is that just another stick to beat the club with (not by you necessarily) in the future if he has a bad game or we aren't promoted?

Did we really though? Or is that just another stick to beat the club with (not by you necessarily) in the future if he has a bad game or we aren't promoted?

Think its fairly common knowledge that the bid was roughly four million. Not at all, we know that he is a good solid player but can anyone really argue that we were right to turn down that sort of money for him.

There is a reason he went from Ipswich to Boro and not to a top championship/lower prem side.

Would like us to keep hold of him this summer unless we get another bid like that though