oneBoro Forum

Just TOYING with some MARKETING ideas for TICKET prices.

On twitter. Anthony Vickers suggests that he championed an idea I tweeted to the club but they don't believe that there'll be a big enough take up of it.

Not sure if this fans forum thing they had did anything other than appease a few people that Mowbray was doing a good job but they really need some business brains involved to mull these ideas over and show how they could work.

Half season tickets at the start and Christmas. One stand to keep it controlled easier. Say the south stand. 12 games then 11 with a discount for the second half if you renew from the first half.

Blocks of 3, 5, 10 games with an activated pride card for them for a discount. Maybe only £22 a game etc but a discount all the same.

Oyster style top up card for turnstiles. Parents top up the kids card and he has to spend it on tickets and can't waste it on hooch and chip butty splashes.

Christmas present - 3 games - Boxing Day and 2 in January.

There's so much more the club could do but I think we're a little naive in this department. A fear of upsetting season ticket holders has gone too far now, with the price freezes for 9 years artificially inflating the walk up prices so that they look higher than they actually are.

Come on Bauser, get in touch pal. I'll help you out on a consultant basis free of charge.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

For me I don't get why these things are all announced at different times. Why not announce all this stuff together - season cards/Boro pride/walk up prices everything at once. If I'd of known earlier in the year that walk up prices were increasing I would of probably bought a season card at early bird price.

For me I don't get why these things are all announced at different times. Why not announce all this stuff together - season cards/Boro pride/walk up prices everything at once. If I'd of known earlier in the year that walk up prices were increasing I would of probably bought a season card at early bird price.

Yeah I said that myself on the other site. Publish all together but push the Season Card saving, push the finance agreement and make people think about it.

Too many people at the moment will probably think they can't afford a season card.

I miss the majority of midweek games because of work but I still have a season card. I can miss 6-7 games and still be in 'profit' against walk up prices.

The club have done some fantastic work in the last 12 months with the family zone and getting the Red Faction relationship sorted but we really could do with some help on the marketing side.

AV replied on twitter saying something alone the lines of us not having a strategy after years of ST sell outs and hence not being able to halt the decline.

Great idea. living outside the area I get to around 10 - 15 home games a season. I'd be all over a 10 game season card.

I don't agree with the fans forum not working. Much of the positive changes that have happened over the past few seasons have stemmed from the fans forum.

I liked your idea on twitter of if there are two homes games in a week, instead of £27 each make it £45 for both.

Yeah just one of many possible ideas really. It would be easy enough to organise these things.

When prices have been reduced, fans still haven't turned up for anything more than a one off game a season. The only thing that will get fans coming back is winning loads of games and battling for promotion. £2 wont make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

I agree about the block of games for people that work away on rigs, at uni etc.

When prices have been reduced, fans still haven't turned up for anything more than a one off game a season. The only thing that will get fans coming back is winning loads of games and battling for promotion. £2 wont make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

I agree about the block of games for people that work away on rigs, at uni etc.

I'm not talking about a reduction in walk up prices. But implementing something that will make someone win the argument they have with themselves.

By offering them a discount over a number of games you're giving them an impression of value against something that's currently thought of as not good value.

It becomes good value ultimately through performance on the pitch but these ideas on ticketing make good business sense.

The club would bite your hand off right now for 35,000 season ticket holders paying around £16 a game or whatever it works out at. These kind of deals would not decrease revenue - they would actually increase it because they'd be getting people through the game for a guaranteed number of fixtures for a set price - as opposed to a one off night match on sky.

I'm a contractor and as such I can't really get a season ticket as next week I could be working down Bristol or wherever. I would however buy a 10 game card tomorrow if it was available.

I think it's the club's belief that they have a sizeable number of season ticket holders that regularly miss games so they feel that they'd lose revenue from introducing these types of things. Personally I think that is short sighted but I have a fairly low opinion of a lot of what goes on and has gone on at the club for a while now.

I'm not convinced they fully understand the make up of the fanbase. I'd guess (and it is just a guess) that in comparison to other clubs we have a higher proportion of people working outside of the area from at least Mon-Fri and obviously longer with offshore types etc. I'd always felt that a Saturday Season Ticket could be offered for just those games for example or flexi-tickets so that people could buy say 10 match tickets at the start of the season but then choose the actual games they're going to through the season depending on their schedule.

There are all kinds of things that could be offered to help people as we've seen from your suggestions but unless the club are 100% convinced they themselves will be better off then they won't do it.

So muchfor the boro revolution taking us in t different directions, more dynamic pricing strategies and incentives (rather than just one off game discounts) needs to be redressed . long gone are they days where you get 10k people turning up on the day willing to pay full whack.

I think it's the club's belief that they have a sizeable number of season ticket holders that regularly miss games so they feel that they'd lose revenue from introducing these types of things. Personally I think that is short sighted but I have a fairly low opinion of a lot of what goes on and has gone on at the club for a while now.

I'm not convinced they fully understand the make up of the fanbase. I'd guess (and it is just a guess) that in comparison to other clubs we have a higher proportion of people working outside of the area from at least Mon-Fri and obviously longer with offshore types etc. I'd always felt that a Saturday Season Ticket could be offered for just those games for example or flexi-tickets so that people could buy say 10 match tickets at the start of the season but then choose the actual games they're going to through the season depending on their schedule.

There are all kinds of things that could be offered to help people as we've seen from your suggestions but unless the club are 100% convinced they themselves will be better off then they won't do it.

Very much agreed. I used to have 4 and then 3 season tickets while I lived in the area for our family to use. That's now down to 1. Only me mum goes now (been sat in the same seat since the Riverside opened) I fear the only thing being well and good is that we no longer have the economic gumption in the area to support a fan base big enough to fill the stadium on a regular basis...

If the gate receipts only make up 80% of the running cost of the stadium, you are operating at a loss of 20%; year on year this starts to add up. Rather than look to increase the tickets sales, they should be looking to reduce the costs associated with the stadium. Sponsorship's, local and national could assist with some of that cost. I remember going to watch Hull vs. Wrexham in the Johnstone Paint Trophy as it is now some 10 years ago with my mate from Uni, even the players had sponsors.

I just wonder whether or not the club is lagging behind some revenues which they could be taking more money from then all the stadium BS would sort it self out.

Really the only way we will know if folk are going to be willing to part with the little cash they have left at the end of the week is if we start winning again - that is the litmus test in my opinion. :-/