oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Bolton (A) 2-1

Venue: The Reebok Stadium

Date: Tuesday 19th August

Match: Bolton vs Middlesbrough

On the 19th August, the almighty 'Boro will be travelling away to sunny Bolton to face the Trotters, hoping to get back to winning ways after some lad called Billy, who always scores against us, poked one in the back of the net from a couple of yards out to condemn 'Boro to their first loss of the season (Boo :( .)

'Boro failed to create any real chances and threaten Leeds, barring Albert Adomah's perfectly reasonable bicycle kick goal which some doyle in a yellow shirt decided he didn't like (Double boo :@ .)

This will be Boro's third away game on the bounce having visited both Oldham and Leeds previously. The Leeds match was the first game this season in which Superkike has failed to score.

1ac502e1e3d1791a1b534689aef7c26e.png

SuperKike

I personally am hoping for a 0-2 win for the 'Boro with Superkike and Tomlin to grab the goals. I'd like to see a slight shuffle in our lineup to:

---------------Dimi----------------

Abella----Omeruo--Ayala-------Friend

----------Clayton---Leadbitter-------

Adomah-------Tomlin---------Bamford(?)

---------------Kike-------------------

That is assuming we manage to get Bamford in :D.

Whilst I don't think that Mejias should be written off just yet, I do believe that bringing in Dimi would be a good option not only because he proved himself a solid keeper last season, but also because it will help to take the pressure off Mejias a bit. The last thing he needs after that is the 'Boro fans getting right on his back, that won't help.

I thought that Whitehead had a pretty poor performance against Leeds, so I'd like to see Clayton starting. He should offer us energy as opposed to lethargy, as well as a better passing and attacking threat.

Lastly I'd also like to see us play Bamford (assuming he joins us of course!) He's had a solid pre-season with Chelsea and Reach can't play every match, now would be a good time to give him a break as he was pretty ineffective against Leeds.

I think we'll be in for another strong physical contest, similar to the Leeds match, so I'm hoping that we'll have learnt our lessons and play smarter, 1 touch football to actually open up some space! By the end of the match we were just punting the ball long, when we have players more suited to playing and recieving the ball into feet.

As I said previously, 2-0 to the 'Boro! Post your own squads and predictions below.

(sorry for the half-***d thread, currently abroad with dodgy connection, will put a good effort in when I get back, if I'm still on, promise :p!)

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

------------ Mejias ----------

Abella - Ayala - Kenny - Friend

----- Leadbitter - Clayton ----

- Adomah - Tomlin - Husband -

------------- Kike -----------

Looks good. Husband and friend either position too.

Would also like see a few changes for this one. Fingers crossed we have some positive news on the transfer front tomorrow. Reach needs dropping for this one, not that he was bad against Leeds, he needs to improve his crossing a lot if he is to be a successful winger.

----------- Mejias --------

Abella - Ayala - Big Ken - Friend

----- Leadbitter - Clayton ----

- Bamford - Tomlin - Adomah

--------- Super Kike ---------

Adomah can only play on the right. He is so inefficient on the left. If Reach isn't starting it's probably going to be either Williams or Husband. I'd like to see Husband there as it looked like he had a good cross on him in pre season. Hopefully we get a striker in so we can change it to 2 up top if we can't break Bolton down.

Good opening post MMC well done!

Surprise surprise I am not going to say my usual as it certainly does not apply but it is important in the sence that we seem to get things back on track with a far better performance that the Leeds game and that we show that lessons are learnt.

Perhaps it will be better to start with Clayton so that we can capitalise on Boltons iffy start to the season, also it would be good to repair the 2-0 lead that resulted in a 2-2 draw last time round?

Improvement all I want to see and a point will to me be a decent return though I feel we will win this one

Surely if we then give him a break he'll be 5 games behind the others, the only way to get match fit is to play matches, we also need to develop th eunderstanding between Adomah & Abella to something like what Reach & Friend have, again that requires playing matches, I think the only change apart from forced injuries will be Clayton for Whitehead

Surely if we then give him a break he'll be 5 games behind the others, the only way to get match fit is to play matches, we also need to develop th eunderstanding between Adomah & Abella to something like what Reach & Friend have, again that requires playing matches, I think the only change apart from forced injuries will be Clayton for Whitehead

Not give him a break from playing , get off his back ;)