Friend [no change]

Omeruo/Woodgate [no change]

Gibson/Ayala [no change]

Leadbitter [no change]

Clayton > or < Whitehead [insufficient data]

Adomah/Nsue [no change]

Tomlin/Williams [no change]

Carayol/Reach [no change]

Kike > or < Graham [insufficient data - bit we know that DG can do the job of lone frontman at this level]

Overall, not much change in the first eleven; just the keeper [worse], the rightback [unknown], one central midfielder [might be better] and a striker [again an unknown quantity].

So are we any better than last year? The first team is roughly the same in my opinion except the keeper is much weaker. The reserves are the main difference, do we have enough depth...

It's going to be an interesting final week in the transfer window, but one thing I don't get based on the above is why AV is saying that Gibson is really going for it, because looking at that and the players we have sold, I just don't see that much difference or where we have spent the money.

I think Gibson will improve on last year as will Omerou.

Keepers last season were stronger

Defence depth is stronger with Husband signed and I think Arbella will be better than Varga.

Midfield it depends on how Clayton performs. As a rival teams player of the season you would probably argue on paper we are stronger.

Up front as it is still to be seen as that department is clearly unfinished. Id say this seasons first 11 when all fit is stronger but last seasons squad is stronger overall.

I think when Carayol & Ledesma are back we'll look stronger too. Can't really judge Abella or Clayton yet, and up front we are hopefully still waiting on players to come in. But Kike looks like one of the best strikers we've had for a while but time will tell.

At the moment keeper is the weakest link from last season but with AK for a full season that will hopefully prove to be as much difference/importance as the players on the pitch.

Yes we are stronger, there will be more players coming in this week and if we can get the team to gel I believe we will have a shot at the play offs.

I was at the Leeds match, after half time we were second best and against Wednesday we were shocking but we have good manager who will hopefully get it right.

If Bamford decides not to come we will have other targets and as AK has already said he only wants players here that are committed and willing to give 100%.

The Team is stronger with Damia, Clayton and Kike, however the Squad itself is lacking a bit of depth, striking dept we are out of options we need 2 strikers to add some competition and provide cover should Kike get injured. A winger also would be appreciated to provide support to Kike, Im sure prem squads will have someone out there for us, otherwise we could look abroad.

We have quite a few players that we haven't seen enough of to judge yet. We haven't seen anything particularly good from Meijas, Abella and Nsue yet but they're still settling in so I'm sure there's much more to come from them as the season develops. Husband hasn't really had too much of a chance either. Kike has been impressive since he joined. Basically we've got a lot of players that Karanka knows well so he must have faith in them to show more than what they've shown in the short time they've been here.

For god sake. We are 3 league games in, and 4 games into the actual season.

Who gives a flying ***. We have no idea yet. We will know if we're better at the end of May.

Some Boro "Fans" are unbelievable, we lose one game and now its crisis. You lot need to relax a bit. Can't wait til December when we're doing well and all yous are saying we're the best thing ever.

Middlesbrough FC is always the best thing ever ;)

Aww...bless! Think its time for your medication, yer ladyship. :D

On paper, our squad looks stronger and to have mare depth, than last season. Whether it actually is or not will have to wait a bit longer. Think its still too early in the season, with many players still finding their feet.

Lets see where we are after 12-15 games...ought to give us a good idea.

Yes we are stronger, there will be more players coming in this week and if we can get the team to gel I believe we will have a shot at the play offs.

I was at the Leeds match, after half time we were second best and against Wednesday we were shocking but we have good manager who will hopefully get it right.

If Bamford decides not to come we will have other targets and as AK has already said he only wants players here that are committed and willing to give 100%.

Agree stronger than last year but worried about Spanish keeper now Karanka has stated he is the number 1.

Two other concerns:

Why we let butterfiled go is a strange one (he was one of the few "footballers") at this club.

The Bamford fiasco seems to have no let up. We DONT want him here, if he cannot commit a club in the 10 days the fiasco has been running he obviously doesn't want to play for Boro.

Hopefully a top half finish this season

We need to answer this 4 weeks after the window closes when weve seen the new boys play

At the moment id say kike is ever so slightly better than graham and arbellaa is better than varga. All the rest is the same