• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's hope he isn't shyte...

After all of the bromancing talk about Jelle Vossen if he's s*ite then i'd have to laugh. Here's hoping it is a loan to permanent signing basis.

UTB!!!

he gets in the belgium squad regular only just missed out on the world cup squad. they have excellent forwards to. there is no way he's gash. even if we were still in prem i'd be happy to sign him.better than massimo the lizard nemeth joe job gook ricketts alialidiere alves mido etc etc. we are basically signing our best striker since the duke jimmy and yak.

he will be first choice and kike will start left and aa right. he's tried kike there a few times already for short spells.

Albert tomlin kike

vossen

looks nice. thing is like a pundit was saying the other day, unless the 2 holding midfielders get forward and create then we will be overly reliant on the two widers players. if they are off form the chances wont come. think it was neville talking about a prem team who use the same system.

Asked the Genk fans what they thought of him on http://www.blauwwit.be/forum/jelle-vossen-t44.php?start=5430

1-Jelle Vossen is one of the legends in Genk. He can score tons of goals, but you need a good squad around him if you want him to score. He's not the type of player who can force goals on his own. If your team has a difficult game where everything is locked down, he will work very hard for the team as well.

2-If he plays like the last 6 months he will not be very helpful for your team.

Vossen needs a good target man around him. He is not the man that can dribble 3 players and score a goal.

But, if he is in good shape, physically and mentally he will score goals. But don't aspect to much...

So I think from what they say, he probably can't be the striker up top in the 4-2-3-1 formation. Preferably partners Kike or behind Kike or form part of a front 3.

I'm a bit confused. Lots of people on here have suggested he's someone to play behind Kike but those comments don't seem to back that up at all?

From what I've seen and read, hes not a big target man, or fast or skillfull. What he is, is a deadly finisher with great technique and who will pop up with a goal from nothing. To be honest i think he may be best alongside kike.

Exactly. He is at his best with a big strong targetman aside him. He played his best games for Genk with Benteke(Aston Villa) next to him.

I hope you enjoy this little video.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5A_HIgjlKk

From what I've seen and read, hes not a big target man, or fast or skillfull. What he is, is a deadly finisher with great technique and who will pop up with a goal from nothing. To be honest i think he may be best alongside kike.

Exactly. He is at his best with a big strong targetman aside him. He played his best games for Genk with Benteke(Aston Villa) next to him.

Ah... Genk fan I suppose. Can't see Vossen play up front in a 4-2-3-1 formation then. Does he hold the ball up well?

More replies

1-Jelle Vossen is one of the legends in Genk. He can score tons of goals, but you need a good squad around him if you want him to score. He's not the type of player who can force goals on his own. If your team has a difficult game where everything is locked down, he will work very hard for the team as well.

Vossen needs a good target man around him. He is not the man that can dribble 3 players and score a goal.

But, if he is in good shape, physically and mentally he will score goals. But don't aspect to much...

3-He's a striker and his main quality is to score goals. He is in the right place at the right time and a pretty clinical finisher when in form, especially first time finishes from crosses. He isn't very fast, strong or technical, but has lots of work rate. He is best used as a second striker behind a physical forward. The last few years he progressed a bit as playing as a main striker, scoring quite a few headers.

Give him some time to gain match rhythm and confidence, because both won't be too high at the moment.

4-Do not listen to carver. Jelle will be very motivated and is eager to show that he can succeed in England. I expect him to work hard for the team and he will probably start scoring very soon. The amount of goals he will score for Boro will depend on the team around him. Jelle is not the type of player that will dribble three defenders but in his best form, Jelle is absolutely lethal in the box. His specialty is connecting a low cross with a volley in the nearest corner although he also scores a reasonable amount of headers.

We will miss Jelle but the reason Boro was able to sign him, lies in the fact that he, very much like the rest of our team, had a terrible season last year. But as you said, he was unsettled and the lack of assist or good crosses provided by his teammates led to his poor form last year.

Ah... Genk fan I suppose. Can't see Vossen play up front in a 4-2-3-1 formation then. Does he hold the ball up well?

Well, Vossen is not the type to dribble the defenders of the other team. He is just an eagle in the box. Always at the right time, at the right place in front of the oponnents goal.

I hope you enjoy this little video.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5A_HIgjlKk

Near perfect reproduction of Adomah's disallowed goal.

Forgot to say thanks, so here goes: Thank you Genkie and welcome to the forum. :)

Replies from Genk fans so far re: Vossen

3-He's a striker and his main quality is to score goals. He is in the right place at the right time and a pretty clinical finisher when in form, especially first time finishes from crosses. He isn't very fast, strong or technical, but has lots of work rate. He is best used as a second striker behind a physical forward. The last few years he progressed a bit as playing as a main striker, scoring quite a few headers.

Give him some time to gain match rhythm and confidence, because both won't be too high at the moment.

4-Do not listen to carver. Jelle will be very motivated and is eager to show that he can succeed in England. I expect him to work hard for the team and he will probably start scoring very soon. The amount of goals he will score for Boro will depend on the team around him. Jelle is not the type of player that will dribble three defenders but in his best form, Jelle is absolutely lethal in the box. His specialty is connecting a low cross with a volley in the nearest corner although he also scores a reasonable amount of headers.

We will miss Jelle but the reason Boro was able to sign him, lies in the fact that he, very much like the rest of our team, had a terrible season last year. But as you said, he was unsettled and the lack of assist or good crosses provided by his teammates led to his poor form last year.

5- Vossen has played in that system (4-2-3-1) at Genk, playing behind the striker. But he won't be your typical, technically gifted playmaker that usually plays in that position,