oneBoro Forum

Jamal Blackman set to be Boro's first choice keeper....

According to The Gazette.

"The fact is Chelsea haven’t allowed Blackman to move to Boro only to see the England Under-21 international sit on the bench for four months."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loan-signing-jamal-blackman-set-7711277

What are your thoughts?

Are you convinced Blackman is the answer to our GK dilemma?

Should Dimi be first choice after his heroics last season?

What's next for Mejias (who I've nicknamed - Flappy Bird :D) ?

Should we have signed a proper GK in the transfer window?

I don't know much about Blackman but it's good to see that Karanka has maybe realised his mistake in selecting Mejias as his first choice. He just isn't Championship material at this moment in time. But I read a description of Blackman style and he sounded like another Mejias - '@chelseayouth: He's got very sound fundamentals, decent with the ball at his feet, needs to become more imposing and physically dominant.'

I don't understand why Dimi isn't first choice he didn't do much wrong last season. He showed some real quality at times. Maybe we should have gone and brought in a better quality and experienced keeper on deadline day if Karanka doesn't fancy Mejias or Dimi.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I refrained from adding to the Steele situation but this if true makes no utter sense of why he was allowed to go in the first place.

We at least know what he is capable of and though I was very grateful to getting Shay Given we have now made a rod for our own back as everyone else gets compared to him

Just so I can make my mind up whether I hope this is true or not does anyone have any examples of keepers as young as this being no1s and ripping up the top leagues at all?

Courtois has been the #1 keeper at two of Europes biggest teams for the past three seasons, that's the first one that comes to mind.

I know Steve Gibson doesn't get involved with team affairs but even he must be utterly confused by the GK situation. We now have a number 1 who we've never heard of and don't even know if he's number 1 material. Shambles.

I refrained from adding to the Steele situation but this if true makes no utter sense of why he was allowed to go in the first place.

We at least know what he is capable of and though I was very grateful to getting Shay Given we have now made a rod for our own back as everyone else gets compared to him

I suspect finances/wages played a huge part and also Karanka favouring keepers who have good feet (and overlooking other arguably more important aspects of goalkeeping!)

I know Steve Gibson doesn't get involved with team affairs but even he must be utterly confused by the GK situation. We now have a number 1 who we've never heard of and don't even know if he's number 1 material. Shambles.

I've heard of him....

Signed a new 5 year contract with Chelsea this season and is very highly rated. Karanka obviously believes that this guy is better than Steele otherwise he wouldn't have shipped out Steele and brought in Blackman.

I've heard of him....

Signed a new 5 year contract with Chelsea this season and is very highly rated. Karanka obviously believes that this guy is better than Steele otherwise he wouldn't have shipped out Steele and brought in Blackman.

Yes, you only heard of him after you did a Wikipedia search on deadline day :D

I've heard of him....

Yes, you only heard of him after you did a Wikipedia search on deadline day :D

Just because you hadn't heard of him before deadline day doesn't mean that others hadn't ;)

I too am still aggrieved about Steele, its really taken the shine off a great transfer window.

having watched majias in two away games and a home game, the only one i was convinced by was Birmingham, and he just seems to be getting worse. Id happy see this fella take the heat off for a while. I'm sure Karanja said he would evaluate the keeper situation over the international break.

If blackman has come in to be no1 then the club have wasted there time. we already have a good young keeper in our books. Conner Ripley is an excellent keeper who likes to come and catch a ball instead of punching.

I think Blackman has been brought in has 3rd choice to allow ripley to go out in loan to get game time.