oneBoro Forum

2014/15 oneBORO Shirt Sponsorship Competition Grant Leadbitter

Welcome to the official launch of the oneBORO Shirt Sponsorship Competition.

This is the 3rd year that we have run this competition, in previous years we have successfully raised enough funds to sponsor Adam Reach (Away Shirt) and Dean Whitehead (Home Shirt), this season again we have the aim of sponsoring a Home Shirt.

We have a poll to pick who we sponsor, only entrants have a vote in this poll. The 7 options are the Home Shirts available for sponsor for this season.

To achieve this we need to have 88 entrants to the competition, although multiple entries are more than welcome.

To enter this competition you just need to donate £10 to the running costs of the oneBORO forum. Each £10 donation gives you one ticket to the magic draw. After making your donation please PM either SouthernSmog or oneBoro accounts with the email address used when making the donation.

The prize as has been for the past 2 seasons is as follows:

The framed signed shirt of the player that we sponsor. You will be presented this at an exclusive Middlesbrough FC event where you will mingle with players and the coaching staff. You will have the chance to collect autographs, chat with players and staff. You will receive 2 places at this event.

If we achieve the magic 88, there will also be a 2nd prize of an invitation for 2 to accompany the winner to this exclusive event.

[table]

[tr][th]Username[/th][th]Entries[/th][th]Entries Paid[/th][/tr]

[tr][td]boksicdink[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Downsouth[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]BoroBoy84[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Borodane[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]MMC[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]OldManGravz[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]MidlandsBoro[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]boro-unger[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]cornishboroboy[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Neverbefore[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]jamesp[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Red Rocket[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Alfonso_Bonzo[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]ham_chop[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Boro 86[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Barticus[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Batmalan[/td][td]7[/td][td]7[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]estonpidge[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Humpty[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]DanFromDownSouth[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Prowler[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Armster[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Weasel[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]bugrit[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]VB[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]treknut[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Somerset Boro[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]oneBoro[/td][td]10[/td][td]10[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]DonnySmog[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Will[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]starbuy[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]SouthernSmog[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Aphex_Boro[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Maccarone[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Smoggie_Be[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]richmfc[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]BillyWoofs_shinpad[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Trapper[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Ever_the_optimist[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]UweFuchsHe[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[/table]

99 Entries - 93 paid.

As you are all aware running a website costs money, one the size and popularity of oneBORO isn't cheap and all paid for through the advertising you see on the board, and through the pocket of Mr oneBORO himself (Rob).

The competition will stay open until Friday October 31st at 9pm and the draw to confirm the winner will take place shortly after this.

Please specify if you are interested in taking part below - although you entry will only be confirmed once your donation has been received.

Terms and Conditions:

1- There is no alternative (cash or otherwise) to the prize on offer, the prize however is transferable to any oneBORO forum member.

2- You are not paying to enter the competition, you are donating to the running costs of the forum.

3- If we do not receive enough entries to sponsor any kind of shirt, donations will, at request, be returned minus any PayPal fees.

4- oneBORO reserve the right to choose a player at random if time scales are such that a democratic decision is not possible.

5- Any donations received after the closing date of 9pm October 31st 2014 will not receive an entry into the competition.

6- This competition is only open to forum members, though any new members joining and donating before the closing date will be accepted into the draw.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

It seems that way - the club emailed us the list of shirts available to sponsor for the coming season. We did make a request a while ago.

Good to see you in Boksicdink!

For those not sure where the donate button is - go to the bottom of any page on the desktop version of the site and there is a yellow donate button.

Brilliant yes once again many thanks SS and though slightly disappointed with the choices and having previously sponsered Reach this time for me I would like to see a "dynamic" type player so going to go for Wildshut.

Pledge of 2 enteries for now btw

I've gone for Damia as I think he's a solid first team er who will get the most game time plus he seems like a good honest professional from his interview.

Also I donated :)

Thanks for getting involved guys - the OP is updated. 11 pledges/donations already. Only 77 to go!

Also a reminder only the votes cast in the poll by people who actually enter the competition will count!

Why..

the running cost of a site is directly related to its popularity - the more people who come the more it costs.

The reason for needing have 88 entries to achieve sponsorship of a shirt is because we have to pay to sponsor a shirt.

Its incredibility complicated to run a competition where you pay to enter - its basically a lottery and for that you need a licence. However making a donation to the running costs, giving you a place in a draw doesn't.

Why are the running costs so high, wow :o

If you have further questions, PM me and I will explain in detail.

Andy :)

I'll have two entries as well please. Will donate soon! I'll go for damia as I think he's the only shoe in for a first team position every week out of them.

Wouldn't be disappointed with nsue, reach or wildschut though!