oneBoro Forum

6 games in 18 days

6 games in 18 days which should give us a good idea what this season will bring, plenty on variety some games on paper we should win and an away tie against Champions League material ( though may not be their best 11) Anyway for a bit of fun here are my predictions

Cardiff 1-1

Brentford 2-0

Liverpool 2-1

Charlton 1-1

Blavkpool 3-0

Fulham 2-1

11 pts from 15 but knocked out of the cup, I'd take that now, would you ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'd be happy with 11 points from 15 as the two away game aren't going to be easy and Brentford have made a good start this season. That would give us 20 points from the first 11 games, which would be a good start to the season and would have us top 6. I think the bare minimum would be what, 8 points?

Yeah I'd be happy with 11 points from 15 as the two away game aren't going to be easy and Brentford have made a good start this season. That would give us 20 points from the first 11 games, which would be a good start to the season and would have us top 6. I think the bare minimum would be what, 8 points?

9 points minimum, the 3 home games. Granted Brentford have started well, but we should be beating them at home, and Blackpool and Fulham have been awful so far so win the 3 home games is minimum from me

9 points minimum, the 3 home games. Granted Brentford have started well, but we should be beating them at home, and Blackpool and Fulham have been awful so far so win the 3 home games is minimum from me

I was going to say 9 points myself but I just factored in Brentford getting something. To be honest if we won all three home games I'd want at least 10 points. Charlton won yesterday but were second best to Watford for most of the game apparently.

I think we will get far better as the season progresses, so I will settle for us keeping just in and around the play off mix for the moment. So far we haven't performed consistently well, with the only good all round performance was against a poor Birmingham side. Yesterday we looked solid and dependable, but we were by no means brilliant. So I'd be happy with 10 points as those away games look very tough and the home games against Brentford and Blackpool are by no means a guaranteed 3 points. Plus when we play Fulham they will have most likely sacked Magath and have a new manager in place, with the new manager bounce.

Cardiff - 1-2. We have a good recent record against Cardiff and always seem to put up a good performance against them.

Brentford - 2-0. Had a strong start to the season but can't see them keeping it up.

Liverpool - 2-0. I'm going to this one and would love to see a Boro away win, but I really don't think it'll happen.

Charlton - 0-2. Another team we always seem to do well against, I'd hope to see us continue this too.

Blackpool - 4-0. Can't see anything other than a win, a club in a very sorry state at the moment.

Fulham - 1-1. Can see Magath having steadied the ship by then or another manager having done otherwise. They have Ross McCormack and he will score and it will be bloody easy money.

All in all that's me hoping for 13 points and predicting us to be knocked out of the cup. Is it hopeful? A bit, I'd take draws against both Charlton and Cardiff away from home as both have started quite well, but I think with the squad we've got, as long as we can perform like we are capable of then there's no reason why we shouldn't get 12/13 points.