oneBoro Forum

oneBoro Brighton meet up!

Judging by previous posts there are quite a number of forum members going to the game

Ever the Optomist

Myself plus Daniel (whom some of you know)

Boro 86 plus his lad Boro 85

Boroboy 84 (I believe)

Bocksic (am sure he indicated he was hoping to attend)

Red Rocket (travelling on one of the supporter coaches)

Billy Woofs shinpad.

It is getting easier now as some of us have previously met so finding each other is getting better.

So who is up for a pre match beer or two and hopefully massing in the Amex together shouting the Boro onwards.

Need to confirm watering hole asap due to having time to park up and getting to the pub

Anyone else who is going and would like to put names to faces (or the other way round) please indicate

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Yes , me and the boy happy to meet up . Guess we will be in and around Brighton by about 1 but as of yet not sure where to park , best meeting spot etc so any suggestions welcome

There are free busses into the stadium but the best bet is the train , parking at lewes station and getting the freewith match ticket train straight to the ground ,but that doesnt put you in brighton for the pubs does it !

Have been by train and driven personally train is better as you can have a beer or 2 but if you do drive use the park & ride at Mill Road (BN1 8ZF). Used that last time and was ok about a 10 min journey however i was the only boro fan on the bus, wearing the shirt anyway, didnt get any stick but was noted as being brave :D

Alright lads, looking forward to this! Looked into pubs online, a lot of the ones by the station are away fan-friendly, so I'd suggest a meet at a pub called The Evening Star. I think its on the road that runs behind the pub called The Railway Bell (also away friendly) right by the station. Name a time guys & I'll be there - looking forward to meeting you's!

Alright lads, looking forward to this! Looked into pubs online, a lot of the ones by the station are away fan-friendly, so I'd suggest a meet at a pub called The Evening Star. I think its on the road that runs behind the pub called The Railway Bell (also away friendly) right by the station. Name a time guys & I'll be there - looking forward to meeting you's!

Any parking around there do you know?

Unfortunately Boro 86, parking is a shocker! BUT if you park at the park & ride at the old stadium (BN1 5JD) its free, and you can then get a train from Preston Park into the City Centre which takes 4 mins. I'd urge anyone planning to do this to get there relative early as its not a massive car park. Then it's a ten min walk to Preston Park,& 4 min train to centre. I'll be walking past that way so if you like you can pm me, & I can give u my number & meet you at the park & ride.

Unfortunately Boro 86, parking is a shocker! BUT if you park at the park & ride at the old stadium (BN1 5JD) its free, and you can then get a train from Preston Park into the City Centre which takes 4 mins. I'd urge anyone planning to do this to get there relative early as its not a massive car park. Then it's a ten min walk to Preston Park,& 4 min train to centre. I'll be walking past that way so if you like you can pm me, & I can give u my number & meet you at the park & ride.

Cheers fella , you are right it all looks a bit complicated. I am going to figure out a route tonight but as we are driving from Norwich chances are that timings will be dependant on traffic so probably best to meet up in a pub rather than en route

On match days the trains run a good frequent service from Brighton to Falmer (only a few mins journey) & stadium is 5 min walk from there. In terms of trains from Preston Park to Brighton there's normally 2-3 an hour, but occasionally there's a delay/cancellation so always have to be wary and get an earlier rather than later one. Can't see times on national rail website as my internets messed up at mo :( It just also occurred to me that this weekend though there were no trains from PP due to works. Hopefully not the case this Saturday! Its not ideal, I know, but the park & ride at the old stadium is the only free bit of parking you'll find in Brighton! (That I know of)

No worries Boro 86! It sounds more complicated than it is. I live near the old stadium and it's the route I'll be taking in to town so if anyone fancies giving it a go, just shout me!

Hi guys,

Just a friendly post with some info from an Albion fan.

With regards to travel and a few beers i would seriously recommend getting the train direct from brighton station. Parking can be found all along the sea front (about 5-6 massive car parks with reasonable prices for the day) these are a 5-10 minute walk to the station depending on which car park you get into but again i'd advise getting there a bit earlier.

the trains run almost every 10-15 minutes and is only 5 minutes from falmer station from which the ground is right next to! it's well controlled and so easy to get around

There are plenty of pubs in the city centre all within easy walking distance of the station. It's the easiest route to and from the stadium

I would avoid lewes and preston park as these can get ridiculously rammed after the game you'll be there for hours!

Hope this helps, enjoy the game

Hi guys,

Just a friendly post with some info from an Albion fan.

With regards to travel and a few beers i would seriously recommend getting the train direct from brighton station. Parking can be found all along the sea front (about 5-6 massive car parks with reasonable prices for the day) these are a 5-10 minute walk to the station depending on which car park you get into but again i'd advise getting there a bit earlier.

the trains run almost every 10-15 minutes and is only 5 minutes from falmer station from which the ground is right next to! it's well controlled and so easy to get around

There are plenty of pubs in the city centre all within easy walking distance of the station. It's the easiest route to and from the stadium

I would avoid lewes and preston park as these can get ridiculously rammed after the game you'll be there for hours!

Hope this helps, enjoy the game

Thanks for taking the time to offer some local advice on this. Always wanted to go to the Amex so looking forward to a good game. Surprised you are not up there with us but expect you to turn it around , just hope it is after saturday though !!

Cheers