danceswithwolves.png

Details:

[align=center]Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Middlesbrough

Molineux Stadium

Tuesday 21st October

19:45

Sky Bet Championship[/align]

Preview:

After a well fought win against Brighton on Saturday we can see this squad has character. Now we've got two tough back to back games with possible fellow promotion contenders in Wolves and Watford. Damia, Carayol and Williams the only outs for this game so far, which is a positive. These two games are going to show us how good we really are and if we're ready for a promotion push campaign.

The Opponents:

Having recently been promoted from League 1 you could argue that Wolves are flying in the league, they're currently sat in 7th just outside the playoffs but only 3 points behind us. We have a much better goal difference however so unless they battered us they wouldn't jump above us. Kenny Jackett will be fancying a top 10 finish and hoping to win back to back promotions so this game is just as important to them.

Possible Key Matchups:

[align=center]179613.png205346.png

Sako vs Fredericks[/align]

No doubt that Sako is Wolves best player and can cause problems to any defender on his day, he already has 6 league goals for Wolves so he is their main goal threat. Fredericks has really impressed but he's going to have his toughest opponent yet in the championship, maybe Nsue starting over Adomah could be a possibility due to tracking back?

[align=center]195037.png176137.png

Bathh vs Vossen[/align]

Bathh is an absolute solid defender and I can really see Vossen starting this game on Tuesday, he's looked sharp and I really think he's due a goal. If not him starting then probably Bamford but I hope it'll be Jelle. Bathh is Wolves main defender at the moment with Roger Johnson out injured.

[align=center]

175314.png186385.png

McDonald vs Clayton[/align]

McDonald was Wolves runner up player of the season behind Sako last season and he really is crucial to them in the centre of midfield, he creates chances and gets backwards so the battle between him and Edwards and Clayton and Leadbitter will be crucial. Everyone knows what Adam does for us and Wolves have a strong midfield so I think we'll need a performance from him and Grant.

Talking points:

1. What would be your starting lineup for this game?

2. Attendance on Saturday if we win/draw?

3. Who do you think will have the biggest impact?

4. Would you rather face 11 actual Wolves or 11 Bakary Sako's?

5. Who has the best hair in the Boro squad?

6. Ledesma somewhere in the squad?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

As for the team, depends on injuries. Wouldn't change a thing, apart from bringing Omeruo back in. But I guess we might be forced to seeing Blackman in for Dimi, Whitehead in for Clayton, Vossen in for Tomlin and Nsue in for Adomah.

Can't predict a score. I'm never right. A draw would be fine, but we're definitely capable of taking all three.

I think Adomah's defensive contribution has been really really good of late, I think he will actually provide better defensive cover than Nsue while also offering a goal threat.

Same team for me, if anything, don't mind just one change, Vossen coming in for either Tomlin/Kike

I was seriously considering going to the game but just found out that Wolves in their infinate wisdom will NOT be selling tickets on the gate which I find totally mystifying!

A fair few given their own circumstances would probably as a last minute decision want to go to the game and not to have that opportunity is silly in my opinion.

No way will Wolves home fans take up their own full attendance and encroach on to the away area.

Ok so here we are, finally in the eyes of many, Boro face their first real Acid test and a potential indicator as to how things will shape up for us in the weeks to come.

All of a sudden a team that got promotion last season is seen by many as something to be feared (not intending any disrespect to Wolves) and a real challenge to our own pedigree and possibly agame whereby a point on the road is seen as a good result................and to be fair to those with that opinion I agree with to a greater degree.

However this team of ours has dispatched already 2 relegated PL teams and so far earned and I mean earned the title of the best away form from a team in The Championship so far this season so should we really fear Wolverhampton Wanderers to the point where we become afraid that our season will become questionable should they beat us?

My dear forum members as mentioned before (referring to a past debate with CT) perhaps we should not be as worried as much as some do and start realising that opposition teams and seemingly their fans are showing concerns about playing Boro and rightly so.

We should not fear anyone (respect them yes for sure) especially away from The Riverside because we have a Manager and team who show and work to the right ethos and even we have not seen the best of this emerging and developing squad of players so I am sure opposing Managers must have their work cut out when dealing with Boro (remember the recent thread about opposing Managers).

Ok so maybe this is slightly tongue in cheek but the philosophy is correct and yes we do have a serious challenge ahead of us but we should not be unduly concerned about our chances and the wheels falling off.

Time to be positive about OUR team moving ahead and therefore to acknowledge all members who are erring on the cautious side then for me this game without doubt in my mind deserves the title of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON........so far!!!!

Oh I hope you all realise that I sometimes add my seldom used phrase to encourage debate and discussion in the attempt to up the pre match post count but it would be interesting if others feel the same way I do about the status of this game.

Oh and I will be pleased with a road point by the way but see no reason why we should not get all 3 points.

2-0 Boro win. I don't think we should fear anyone in this league at the minute. Approach this game in the same manner we've approached the last 7 and our unbeaten run will continue. Wolves have had a good start to the season, especially considering they just came up, but I wonder if their good form will continue all season? Letting a 3 goal lead at Millwall slip yesterday is certainly proof that they have a few mistakes in them we can exploit

I'm heading up to Wolves so if anyone else is pm for a pre game beer

Perhaps pick another pub than the one we went to 2 years ago!

You mean the wolves home supporters main pub ;)

Yeah, that's the one. Never have I checked my jacket's zipper that much to hide my shirt.