Vossen's loan deal

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Yes it is frustrating to a degree not to see him playing but his chances will come and probably soon

Why will it? It must be obvious that either Karanka didn't want him or doesn't rate him or that he simply isn't that good. He's our fourth choice forward at the moment and can't even get into a game like today where we offered next to nothing in attack. Karanka changes the team often enough that anyone can and will end up getting some game time but Vossen is clearly way down the pecking order, rightly or wrongly.

Because and to a degree although he is important Kike is not exactly in a rich vain of form and enough chances to perform will eventually stop unless he starts scoring again

I agree but Kike is Karanka's signing so he's going to get the nod more often than not. Even when Kike went off today it was Wildschut that came on and not Vossen.

Lads, it's a long old season. He's bound to get a run at some point. Clearly Kike is no.1, and rightly so, we've paid a lot of money for him & was hand picked by AK.

The problem for Jelle is that Paddy B keeps scoring, and is therefore ahead of him in the pecking order. I don't think he's a number 10 either, so that's why Tomlin isn't in trouble.

In flashes he's looked v.good, and has come VERY close to scoring 3 or four times (bar at Wolves, Norwich, Rotherham and another one off the line vs someone I can't remember). Sooner or later, it'l be him scoring and Paddy might have to sit a couple out.

After saying that, I do sometimes think that AK doesn't quite fancy him as much as the others. You have to remember, Jelle was scouted BEFORE AK arrived.

We need a big squad remember, I'd say he's here for the duration.

Surely it's Tomlin who needs to be playing badly for Vossen to get his chance?

It depends what you mean I suppose. I don't think Vossen is a number 10 but yeah you'd probably want him alongside another striker. In any case, Tomlin isn't playing that well so there is no reason not to try him.

Just to be clear I'm not frustrated about him not playing, I wasn't one of the people banging on about him all Summer long. I'm more bothered about wasting loan slots on players that are hardly playing when we need the squad strengthening. Maybe we can keep them and still strengthen I have no idea but I think we really need a proper number 10 and I'd like to see another midfielder in as well ideally. Probably a comment for a different thread that though.

From what I've seen of Vossen (albeit not much) he seems to be an out and out goal scorer, rather than a number 10 in the vein of Tomlin. I don't know why he hasn't played much, but I'd love to see him get a couple of starts in the near future, especially seen as Kike is misfiring

I think vossen will get a good few games after christmas as will wildschut and nsue They are getting used to the pace of the championship. If we had been struggling no doubt they would be in at the deep end now , but as it is theyve all got time to acclimatise

We have 4 or 5 that arent getting that many games it doesnt mean they arent good enough

Ledesma wasnt good enough and hes gone

I think vossen will get a good few games after christmas as will wildschut and nsue They are getting used to the pace of the championship. If we had been struggling no doubt they would be in at the deep end now , but as it is theyve all got time to acclimatise

We have 4 or 5 that arent getting that many games it doesnt mean they arent good enough

Ledesma wasnt good enough and hes gone

pretty much my slant on it Rich... think Vossens problem is that he is not adjusting to the style /pace of briyish football as quickly as AK would have liked and with the team being in the mix at the top its imperative that we dont lose touch so maybe AK is a bit wary of allowing him the extra bit of time he plainly needs vs keeping the present momentum .

hes in danger of becoming a special needs case ( hope thats not too harsh a colloquism) in his team integration and its perhaps understandable that we havent seen as much of Vossen to this point in time .