• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Karanka was happy with Hignett in his role, going by his interview just a few days ago, so something has got to have happened after that point to drastically change. Woodgate will be the prime candidate to fill the role as he is here already, and it could be convenient for us as at the moment we're getting no value out of his high wages. I can imagine him jumping at the chance until the end of the season, as it will give him a chance to get into good coaching job when he retires this summer. He is a fairly similar character to Hignett so could act as a very effective go-between through management and the players. He would be a great choice.

I don't think Juninho is anywhere near a realistic choice...isn't he the chairman of a football club in Brazil?

Woodgate for the same reasons as P_mards - he also has a some overlapping characteristics that will be desirable to AK ie Spanish and an idea of the culture that AK wants from his time at Real

Woody also speaks spanish and has been taking his badges for the last few years. I know a few people in the club (and others close to it) have been saying that he is the king in waiting. Woody ticks all the right boxes. I was never convinced higgy was ak's choice but was pleased with his appointmenr

Interesting that Doriva's been mentioned but that would seem to go against the criteria ak wants.

Mendieta? He knows the club, he knows English football inside out and hasnt he just recently took his coaching badges? He may have a similar working style to AK which he is probably looking for

None of the above, I reckon Percovich is actually the most likely to get promoted with Dimi becoming goalie coach at the end of the season.

If there are any other likely options there, it's only Woody. Mendi has a good thing going on as a Spanish football pundit and doesn't live in Yarm anymore. Juninho is a pipe-dream but then is only a pipe-dream as he's a Boro legend, not sure if he has any coaching credentials. Ravanelli is a bit egotistical and although he's said he'd love to manage Boro, I doubt he'd take the step down to being an assistant manager. Bryan Robson simply will not happen. Doriva, who knows. He did get a job for a big Brazilian team as their manager, would he take the step down to be an assistant?

None of the above, I reckon Percovich is actually the most likely to get promoted with Dimi becoming goalie coach at the end of the season.

If there are any other likely options there, it's only Woody. Mendi has a good thing going on as a Spanish football pundit and doesn't live in Yarm anymore. Juninho is a pipe-dream but then is only a pipe-dream as he's a Boro legend, not sure if he has any coaching credentials. Ravanelli is a bit egotistical and although he's said he'd love to manage Boro, I doubt he'd take the step down to being an assistant manager. Bryan Robson simply will not happen. Doriva, who knows. He did get a job for a big Brazilian team as their manager, would he take the step down to be an assistant?

re: Doriva - see post 6

I know he got sacked, same as Ravanelli did, but having had a taste of management would he be willing to take the step down to assistant is what I'm saying.

I know he got sacked, same as Ravanelli did, but having had a taste of management would he be willing to take the step down to assistant is what I'm saying.

be closer to his son maybe?

all pure conjecture

Aye everything is at this stage, especially the reasons for his departure. If Higgy leaving has been a sudden decision then I'd expect just as rigorous a search for a suitable assistant as last time, took about 2 or 3 months didn't it?