Boro V Ipswich (A) 0-2

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

we wont be winning this game like the last two, they will be far tougher opposition. they have a great home record so far.

they've beat wolves, watford, millwall, rotherham, leeds, brighton and fulham.

they are not unbeatable though they lost 1-0 to norwich and have drew with udders and blackburn.

they are not that prolificwinning mainly by the odd goal with 2-0 twice and 4-1 against leeds. they seem to have a good habit of getting the job done though.

they have been difficult to beat away to, drawing at bournemouth and derby so i would imagine they can defend really well to.

i'm going to go with a narrow home win 1-0 or 2-1. if anyone can beat us atm its them at home. my heart says another 2-0 to us though:)

Ipswich are up there for a reason. Their home form is great. We will need to play like we did yesterday if we want to win. I'd like to see us be more clinical in front of goal. I don't fear playing anyone but Ipswich deserve our respect.

Very good opening post. I would absolutely snap Ipswich's hands off for a draw. They have the best home form in the division and we have a terrible record there. Our very good away form will be severely tested.

I think we have to start considering that opposing Managers will be looking at Boro in a different light especially in view of how quick we are in counter attacking football and will perhaps set themselves up differently due to this.

It could be the case of Ipswich feeling that not to get beaten is a good result (and maybe Boro as well) so I would expect a very defensive display from them albeit they are at home.

No way do I believe we will suffer the humiliating results as seen at Portman Road the last 2 seasons and maybe just maybe it will be 3rd time lucky for Boro as it has been a good while since we have had a decent result there.

Others are at last looking at us with more than a grudging respect and long may it continue.

I said that the Derby game was "THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON"....so far!!! this game now qualifies for that title because we simply have to better those around us results to set up the final 2 games of this year.

Would settle for a draw as a good result but maybe we can be the team to dent Ipswich's fine home form? Close game but Boro to win by the odd goal 1-0

Its so hard to be pessimistic going into this game! Logically I know that they are a good side and will be difficult to beat at home. Having said that, I wouldn't advise anyone to bet against us with the way we are playing! 0-1 mighty Boro. No point in thinking about a goalscorer, it'll probably be BamBam won't it. And Karanka to pull off a tactical masterclass, he's the best signing we've made for years and For this, I am very happy.

Gonna go for a 3-1 Boro win. (Only because 2-1 has already been taken). Ur maybe a quick goal may put the pressure on them and open space. This is a tough match and would defo take a point now

They seem to have a similar record to us. Seem tight in defence. They have two quality strikers in McGoldrick and Murphy, Murphy especially. Would like to see Grant munch Murphy early on to get fear in his (murphy's) eyes. Seem to set up similarly to us as well. Their set up in the big games is a solid one, draw comes before win, a bit like us. Can see them playing our own game, counter-attack etc. Going for a 1-1 draw. Seeing Reach with the goal, and Mcgoldrick with theirs. Would also happily take a draw, if that meant we went for the games against Blackburn and Forest. C'mon the Boro!!!