oneBoro Forum

Boro's magnificent travelling army

Just wanted to say how amazing our away support has been this season. I've only managed to get to 3 away games, but in all three our fans made by far and away the most noise. We are the most northern team in the league and therefore have further to travel than most teams, but we never fail to back the boys. From memory, there haven't been many teams taken over 1000 to the riverside this season and certainly I've never seen them give the kind of support we give the boro away. Here's the stats:

Bolton 1297

Leeds 1945

Oldham 1087

Charlton 1967

Liverpool 2820

Cardiff 368

Huddersfield 3714

Wolves 520

Brighton 1376

Wigan 4893

Rotherham 2618

Blackburn 6988

Ipswich 1111

Millwall 1899

Reading 1880

Barnsley 3366

We've sold out a lot of these games and have just sold out at Brentford. We have the largest away crowd in England this season and if you've been to any of these game you deserve a huge pat on the back. UTB

It really is excellent support. I did start a thread on this a while back, hoping someone would come up with the figures as i couldn't find them. Hope to add to my couple of away games before the end of the season. Would have gone to a couple more if they hadn't have sold out before general sale. UTB

5 so far for me this season with a 2-2-1 record (I chose Ipswich over Millwall !!!)

I live out of the area so this is my main way of watching the Boro, with just a couple of visits so far to the Riverside.The atmosphere at away grounds is fantastic and it is noticable that our numbers are growing all the time. Also good to meet up with fellow Oneboro members , I think there were a dozen or so at Reading.

Players respond well to the away support which is also good to see

My only fear is that when we are back in the promised land tickets will be harder to get but that's for another day I guess.

Just seen someone on twitter post that Stoke taking 3,300 to Leicester is their biggest away following in 4 years..

Which is shocking when you consider where Stoke is and the fact they've been in the Premiership that entire time, playing teams like United, Chelsea, ***nal etc week in, week out.

Really puts how good our away following is in perspective

Just seen someone on twitter post that Stoke taking 3,300 to Leicester is their biggest away following in 4 years..

Which is shocking when you consider where Stoke is and the fact they've been in the Premiership that entire time, playing teams like United, Chelsea, ***nal etc week in, week out.

Really puts how good our away following is in perspective

Isn't it difficult to get many away tickets in the Prem? Unlike the Championship I think most games in the Prem are sold out hence a smaller limit on away tickets. I don't think there are many Clubs that send 7000 tickets to away fans like Blackburn.