oneBoro Forum

Concerned

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aitor-karanka-cant-understand-boro-8744922

AK indicating he can not understand the concerns of the fans so is he correct?

To be fair I can understand why the interview came out in this context as it does remind us as to where we were to where we are now but why make the comment in the first place?

How is he aware of fans concerns or is this just an appeasement and try to calm down aimed at the fans publication?

As a fan and obviously following Boro for years I know that THE only place to be is the PL (otherwise what are expectations and hopes for?) and as it feels we have our best chance since relegation then I have reason to be concerned due to recent performances.

Now I realise that this article may well divide opinions on here but hey I respect everyones opinion even if I feel they are wrong

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

To be honest I think many times this season we have bounced back with results after poor showings. Yesterday I feel he got it wrong and he has held his hand up in acknowledging that fact. After 34 games I think it is fair to say we are deservedly where we are. We are also not the only team at the top who have had a bad spell this season.

I will happily hold my hand up at the end of the season if I am wrong but there just seems to be a strong bond between the team that we havent had for a long time and it gives me confidence what we are seeing is a blip rather than a collapse. I think AK has also shown that he says it how it is and if he is still happy so am I :).

Well the issue here is that he answers a question that isn't asked. He says he can't understand why fans would be concerned about the position we're in and that is a fair comment to make. Why would we be concerned about being second? However the question that seems to have been asked is about recent performances and that is a different matter.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aitor-karanka-cant-understand-boro-8744922

AK indicating he can not understand the concerns of the fans so is he correct?

To be fair I can understand why the interview came out in this context as it does remind us as to where we were to where we are now but why make the comment in the first place?

How is he aware of fans concerns or is this just an appeasement and try to calm down aimed at the fans publication?

As a fan and obviously following Boro for years I know that THE only place to be is the PL (otherwise what are expectations and hopes for?) and as it feels we have our best chance since relegation then I have reason to be concerned due to recent performances.

Now I realise that this article may well divide opinions on here but hey I respect everyones opinion even if I feel they are wrong

I heard him say it on the radio and understand what he means but I think he should of added something like I can understand the fans getting nervouse with the last few game we have played.

IMO I don't think what he said is worth thinking about to be honest.

AK will be on the ball for the rest of the season and I'm sure he won't mess about with the formation anymore.

I think he is just looking for a bit of perspective. He is not an Englishman (stating the obvious I know) so is merely explaining in a way understandable to him that we are second and we need to avoid hysterics because we have lost a couple of games.

He has steered us with skill and intelligence this season so lets trust him to overcome this blip. The nly criticism I am inclined to agree with is the need for a settled team and it seems obvious to all that Ayala is a huge miss and when he returns we should be far more solid at the back again.

What he really should have said is that we've been so consistently good this season that fans now see a few game blip as a crisis and that we're suffering from our own success. Expectations have been raised but ultimately I think the frustration is born from the fact that we could have had serious daylight between us and the other teams and instead we're only just hanging on to that 2nd spot.

Compared to where we were when he took over though he's right, we're in 2nd, we're still up there and we still have it all to the play for.

The quicker he picks up the players and gets some confidence and control back into our game the better.

On a side note, the one thing that surprises me from his interviews is that lack of criticism of the pitch. I've just watched the highlights and it's an utter embarrassment that any team in this division is playing on a pitch that makes most sunday league fields look professional.

There are times that I think AK struggles to articulate himself clearly. I agree with the point that he's making which is that due to our position, fans get hysterical when a result doesn't go our way. A couple of bad games will not ruin the season. However, if this run of form continues it will start to be a concern. We are second in the league with the outcome very much in our hands. AK knows about the problems in the games, has stated he's not happy and plans to fix it. I will always criticize individual games because I love to pick the matches apart, but looking at the overall picture? I am delighted with the way this season has panned out so far.

Well I'm concerned because over the last two months really, except for a few good results and performances, is we've been making things really difficult for ourselves. Finishing and creativity mainly with a few mistakes at the back, no idea why one of our strongest defenders has become so shakey recently.

That being said, we are in an excellent position and its all within our own hands to fulfil our own destiny. I belive shef wed shock will push Aitor in to not trying new formations to much and sticking with formations we know work to our strengths. He's a new manager he will make mistakes this was one but we'll move on and i'm confident we should be in the autos this year.

I think it all depends on your expectations

At the beginning of the season the bookies had us at 9-1 which i thought similar to my expectations of finishing in 9th place is about right (about)

at the moment we are hitting far above our weight and my expectations ( i am such a happy badger how high we are flying at the moment, i really am :heart: )

BUT

If like me you are happy to finish 6th (WOW what a amazing improvement from last year) then this season is the best season we have had in 10 years and wo hoo.

But if you are in the deluded (GEORDIE ESK) we deserve to get 30 points out of the next 16 games (edit now 24 points out of the next 12 games gang) and so on.

Then this season may not be for you.

UTB 

Badger in Asia

I'm not concerned about our position in the table. I am, however, concerned about the way our performances suddenly nosedived after the ***nal match and have grown progressively worse in each of the four league games since. I'm genuinely worried that we have started heading in the wrong direction and if Aitor Karanka can't understand that, then he's not the manager I thought he was.

Winning ugly against Bolton at the Riverside, although welcome, did little to assuage my fear that we are now in a tailspin that it's going to be very difficult for us to pull out of. We need a really good performance against Millwall tomorrow evening because we simply can not go on the way we are.We have had our luck for the season and it's high time we started performing again.

Concerned? yes. Performances are dipped over recent weeks, until the last four games we struggled by but now we need to kick on again and keep a more settled side the wholesale changes need to stop. When you consider the rotation since the start of the season some of our players must have played a lot less than the other promotion hopeful sides.

Lets start on the front foot tomorrow night and put them under pressure, it's a game we have to win but win well before the next really tough set of fixtures.

I'm not concerned about our position in the table. I am, however, concerned about the way our performances suddenly nosedived after the ***nal match and have grown progressively worse in each of the four league games since. I'm genuinely worried that we have started heading in the wrong direction and if Aitor Karanka can't understand that, then he's not the manager I thought he was.

Winning ugly against Bolton at the Riverside, although welcome, did little to assuage my fear that we are now in a tailspin that it's going to be very difficult for us to pull out of. We need a really good performance against Millwall tomorrow evening because we simply can not go on the way we are.We have had our luck for the season and it's high time we started performing again.

Totally agree with this post. 

We need to find that winning formula again, playing our strongest side available week in week out. I think AK has tinkered a bit too often over the last month or so. If we don't find a way to score more freely then we will find ourselves falling down the table quickly.

Totally agree with this post. 

We need to find that winning formula again, playing our strongest side available week in week out. I think AK has tinkered a bit too often over the last month or so. If we don't find a way to score more freely then we will find ourselves falling down the table quickly.

I agree... The lack of goals and how wasteful we have been will cost us at least a top 2  position if we don't improve fast.

Anyone else want to cover themselves and jump on this tailspin :D

I do wounder how much of a Boro fan you are.... Do you ever get annoyed, Fed up, disheartened, Have doubts about promotion when the team are under-performing, Etc.... Or are you just one of those people who want the team to do well but isn't overly fussed  one way or the other...

Without knowing who you are there is always the possibility your not a Boro fan at all.... Constant possitivity and no criticism about the team doesn't strike me as a fan who cares all that much.