oneBoro Forum

[NEWS] Carayol Signs New Deal

Bit surprised as didn't see him as Karanka type of player to be honest ,got ability and the X factor but not the work rate. Will be interesting to see how he goes but a good signing if he can get his game going

If I'm going to synical I'd say its covering your bases. If we go up you get to sell him on for a premier fee. If we don't we've either got an okayish championship player or someone we can move on ala Smallwood and get a fee instead of loosing him on a free.

No doubt muzzy has got a pay increase which he can point to if he does move club so its win win.

If I'm going to synical I'd say its covering your bases. If we go up you get to sell him on for a premier fee. If we don't we've either got an okayish championship player or someone we can move on ala Smallwood and get a fee instead of loosing him on a free.

No doubt muzzy has got a pay increase which he can point to if he does move club so its win win.

We should be protecting our investment. He been out for a year and then to lose him too would've been silly. 

We should be protecting our investment. He been out for a year and then to lose him too would've been silly. 

I'm sure it said in the gazzette article that we had a extra years option. So if it was just a case of getting a fee for him this Summer why give him an improved 2.5 year deal.

Carayols new deal probably means that we don't have to look for a new left winger next season should we stay down, as Reach and Carayol should be enough for the left side.

He has the ability to play for us in the Championship no doubt and there is no need to let him go for free. If we are promoted his new contract will be insignificant financially and we can either give him a chance in the prem, sell him and recoup our initial outlay or loan him out and see if we are relegated in which case we can take him back if we go back down.

Extending contracts in the Championship is much cheaper than in the Prem.

I don't think Aitor would keep him if he didn't have a plan in mind. He's already shown to be someone who is ruthless when it comes to the good of the team. It'll be interesting to see what part Muzzy plays but there is no doubt that we are short on that left hand side.

I don't think Aitor would keep him if he didn't have a plan in mind. He's already shown to be someone who is ruthless when it comes to the good of the team. It'll be interesting to see what part Muzzy plays but there is no doubt that we are short on that left hand side.

Id say. We loaned him to brighton cos we were never going to play him this season. But we needed to know if he was going to break down. Now 6 games later hes proved as well as you can his injury will stand up to playing so hes been given a contract. Now its down to him to lose the extra pounds hes put on. Get a good pre season in and hopefully hell be ok for next season if not we sell him at the end of next season

New contract so we can sell him for a bit of cash I'd imagine. He's nowhere near good enough for the Premiership and I'd still consider him/Reach at that LW slot to be the weakest in our starting 11.