oneBoro Forum

New venues and places to avoid next season

Life moves on hey????

Potential of six new grounds to visit next season if you have never been to any of the grounds, so which one's will you be tempted to visit next time round?

Hull..............not been before but if it is a Saturday may try to get there

QPR..............hate the place seen too many bad defeats there might be tempted to give this a miss

Burnley..........nope not this season and distance

Preston..........nope not this season and distance

Bristol City......yes got to visit the new and improved Ashton Gate

MK Dons..........most definitely 15 miles up the road and a very impressive stadium

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Had this discussion with my brother on the way back from Wembley yesterday.

Burnley, Preston and MK Dons are all games we would like to go to next year and not to bad travelling distances for us.

Been to Loftus Road and will keep the other 2 for another time as we are keen to go to Midland and North West grounds we haven't been to before.

This is maybe the least shiny silver lining I have ever seen :) Yayyy we get to go to Milton Keynes instead of Manchester ;)

Will hopefully make it to Burnley, Preston and Hull. Maybe MK too...I used to live near there.

Welcome to the forum Boromuda, are you a long time lurker or just found the forum?

No consolation from yesterday but will look forward to MK Dons as I am in Aylesbury :)  

Will hopefully make it to Burnley, Preston and Hull. Maybe MK too...I used to live near there.

Welcome to the forum Boromuda, are you a long time lurker or just found the forum?

No consolation from yesterday but will look forward to MK Dons as I am in Aylesbury :)  

Thanks, Downsouth, I'm a fully fledged newbie! Only found the site today.

I strangley got over the result yesterday fairly quickly - and I'm looking forward to next season. May even go for a season ticket as have just moved back north after living away from the north east for the past 18 years.

Been living down in Bristol for eight years now and I've been to Ashton Gate a fair few times including sitting in the home end when the Boro stole all three points with a 0-4 win back in 2011. I got outed by the 2nd goal but continued to have a great conversation with some of the locals who were real friendly.

I was recently at the Bristol Ladies vs. Barcelona and Bristol Ladies vs. Wolfsburg Champions league games there and the rebuilt stand looks like it's really coming on. There also seems to be a real positive vibe about them from the fans following this season so it should be able to gather a real good atmosphere next season.

Artists impressions here look real good:

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/stadium/the-plan/

Only other of those stadiums I have been to was QPR, where my pal bought a horrendously overpriced hot dog that came in a sealed bag. Only problem is the thing was about 200 degrees and required self-assembly. There wasn't even a cut made in the bread bun! Needless to say that got lobbed at someone.

Probably won't be going to any of the others, but good to see another half decent team back in the southwest that the Boro can play - short trips for me to Cardiff, Reading and Bristol now!

Life moves on hey????

Potential of six new grounds to visit next season if you have never been to any of the grounds, so which one's will you be tempted to visit next time round?

Hull..............not been before but if it is a Saturday may try to get there

QPR..............hate the place seen too many bad defeats there might be tempted to give this a miss

Burnley..........nope not this season and distance

Preston..........nope not this season and distance

Bristol City......yes got to visit the new and improved Ashton Gate

MK Dons..........most definitely 15 miles up the road and a very impressive stadium

Bristol and MK Dons 100%

Burnley & QPR are pretty confident I will go

Probably give Hull and Preston a miss

Been living down in Bristol for eight years now and I've been to Ashton Gate a fair few times including sitting in the home end when the Boro stole all three points with a 0-4 win back in 2011. I got outed by the 2nd goal but continued to have a great conversation with some of the locals who were real friendly.

I was recently at the Bristol Ladies vs. Barcelona and Bristol Ladies vs. Wolfsburg Champions league games there and the rebuilt stand looks like it's really coming on. There also seems to be a real positive vibe about them from the fans following this season so it should be able to gather a real good atmosphere next season.

Only other of those stadiums I have been to was QPR, where my pal bought a horrendously overpriced hot dog that came in a sealed bag. Only problem is the thing was about 200 degrees and required self-assembly. There wasn't even a cut made in the bread bun! Needless to say that got lobbed at someone.

Probably won't be going to any of the others, but good to see another half decent team back in the southwest that the Boro can play - short trips for me to Cardiff, Reading and Bristol now!

When we went to Loftus Road, 3 of us had a pie which later became know as the QPR nuclear pies as it took till halftime until they were cool enough to eat. They have some powerful cookers down their.

When we went to Loftus Road, 3 of us had a pie which later became know as the QPR nuclear pies as it took till halftime until they were cool enough to eat. They have some powerful cookers down their.

Yeah I had one of them, spilled the filling on my knee. Thank god for jeans!