oneBoro Forum

football fixtures what are you unhappy about?

What are you gripes in this coming seasons fixtures lists(2015/16) long trips and days of the week etc

Also what does the club request from the fixture lists?

Not to be home on certain events cricket rugby baloon and musical festivals and the like

In case anyone in wondering this chap is a Bristol City fan who last posted in August 2009 guess he must be pretty bored if he has waited this long to get back to our forum?

No gripes, this is football and if it clashes with other events then so be it.

Besides things do change when tv is involved and I am hearing we might be on the box on the Sunday against Preston, is that correct?

Infoman we welcome your input when we do our Bristol City match day threads we may even get more than one post every 6 years!

Thank you for remembering me.smile.gif

Regarding the fixtures this season,I think they are the worse I have seen for a long time.

I get the feeling they just threw all the teams the into the computer and said what ever comes out

thats fine by the football league

In my opinion the the teams that they should look after more than any other is Middlesbrough 

Bristol City and Cardiff

This season we have to go preston Brighton Wolves(acceptable) Derby and Burnley for mid week fixtures

Yet all london bound trips are in the second half of the season and on Saturdays

Any way can't change anything now,but I will making some comments at the FSF meeting in July

LINK: http://www.fsf.org.uk/supporters-summit/

Well I have decided to come to Middlesbrough by plane although I have to come back by train

I'll post some local info prior to your trip to our place on 16 January,

and I hope your enjoying Alberts performances as he will get a warm round of applause from the Bristol City fans on 22 August

Finally where have you seen/heard that your game against preston will be live on telly

I work 2 weeks away & then 3 weeks at home so it stands to reason I should get to more matches than I miss, but as usual the Fixture Gods have been unkind and I'm only home for 9 matches this season, ce la vie as they say in the Doudoigne,

All clubs get to weeks to question the fixture when they are published. Also I'm sure they get to request certain fixtures for certain times of the year to avoid other sporting events or festivals etc. I don't understand what you mean about teams that should be looked after more as I believe every team should be looked at as even as the others. Regardless if they are newly promoted , relegated or championship stalwarts

We are bar far the most northerly team but we will still sell out most of our away allocations this season so the FL league can't be doing that bad a job