oneBoro Forum

Transfer Window - Summer 2015

Transfer Window 2015 Summary

Confirmed Signings and Departures:

In:

• Alex Baptiste (FREE): The versatile defender was available on a free transfer after being released from his contract with Bolton this summer after a two years. READ MORE
  • Tomas Kalas (Season-long LOAN): Kalas returns to Boro on a season-long loan after his loan spell at the end of last season. READ MORE
  • Stewart Downing (£5.5m rising to £7m): The prodigal son has returned! Downing has completed his transfer from West Ham for £5.5m in structured payments and performance bonus' that could see the deal rise as high as £7m. The player, it has been revealed, was still wanted at West Ham and had a list of other Premiership suitors but chose a return to his hometown club. READ MORE
  • Jonathan Woodgate (FREE): The player has re-signed with Boro after initially having retired and started down the coaching path due to Baptiste's season long injury. READ MORE
  • Diego Fabbrini (Season-long LOAN): After having a reported £1m bid turned down due to Watford wanting to retain ownership of the player, Boro have agreed a season-long loan for the versatile Italian. READ MORE
  • Christian Stuani (£3.6m): Uruguayan international forward, Stuani, was signed from Espanyol. READ MORE

• Total Upfront Spend: £9.1m

• Replies 23.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the season now over and another season in the championship confirmed who do you think we should sign?

For me I think we need another right back, left midfielder and certainly one or two strikers (Rhodes maybe?) Bamford will be back at Chelsea and maybe on loan in the PL and Vossen will go back to Genk unless we can get him at a low price

Transfer window is CLOSED

Gk. RB, 2 CB, CM, 2 LW, No 10, 2 ST.

That seems a lot but I think there will be quite a lot of movement in the squad..

Imo, Fredericks, Omeruo, Vosse and Bamford won't be back.. Hopefully we keep Kalas. I think Amorbieta will stay so you could knock 1 of my 2 CB off..

Then there our permanents, I think at least 2 will be going.

I just hope AK is still fully committed and Gibson backs him again, If that happens then I think we will finish in the top 2 next season.

UTB.

Don't think we need to go too drastic, get another keeper in just to look at the long term or try bedding Tomas in again.

Definitely need a right back or two, to secure that position, I'd be happy to see Kalas come back either full time or loan.

Could do with another attacking midfield player, someone to counter Clayton and Leadbitter, could try to nab that Pritchard if he was willing to go to the champ again. Probably on loan.

I'd also like to see another striker or two come in, Bam Bam's gone and I don't think Vossen will stay although I do like him.

Other than that we could see what the Chelsea link can conjure up again but I think we have a good core here and we just need to strengthen.

For me today showed our frailties in an attacking sense. With the likelihood that Bamford not returning an Vossens deal up in the air. We need to replace at least one of them it seems. Also we require somebody physical and good in the air up front we didnt have the plan b. Also a lot will depend on Carayol and Wildschutt are they going to be part of the plans as essentially today we lacked somebody like Redmond today quick and direct. We need to find an extra 10-15 goals in our team next season.

Think vossen will stay. Rhodes has done enough in the last few games to put the PL on alert. Beckford may be a decent signing. The good thing to come out of this run is that it shows players we mean business and are not happy to just sit back and enjoy the ride. I think we missed a trick in the Jan transfer window.

I think the players we have on contract will remain, money will be available i am sure. At least 2 million from this final and the money we must have made from increased shop sales, plus the cup run and Semi finals.

It all good

Bamford is totally over rated. He spends large parts of games doing nothing.

How he was Championship player of the season??? Ridiculous.

Will be good to have someone new up front.

We need at least one, big fast forward.... although I've followed Boro years and years, and slow strikers is sadly what we normally go for.

We need to replace bamford for little money. Not sure that will happen. Arbella should be back so we need another CB possibly a keeper a rohdes type player and i still think we need a box to box midfielder

Sign Kalas, bring in two CB's to challenge Gibbo and Ayala, new CM to replace Whitehead, two new strikers to replace Bamford and Vossen (or sign Vossen permanently as one of them).

I think Amorbita will be back... He looks like a good back up to Ayala and Gibson.

Sign Kalas, bring in two CB's to challenge Gibbo and Ayala, new CM to replace Whitehead, two new strikers to replace Bamford and Vossen (or sign Vossen permanently as one of them).

I think Amorbita will ba back... He looks like a good back up to Ayala and Gibson.

Agreed. I can't imagine Fulham will be desperate to keep him.

Clubs will also be tripping over themselves to loan us players, in my opinion. The development of Bamford this year will do us no harm next season.