oneBoro Forum

Stuani

Don't know a lot about the guy, but the signing seems done and dusted now. Hoping to pick the brains of those who know him best. Assuming in all likelihood we mostly play 4-2-3-1 this season (albeit a flexible one), where will he fit in?

I can't imagine him being first choice striker given the players we've been linked with; unless we specifically sign Bamford to play LM... And based purely on the stats, he seems much more of a goalscorer then a creator; not usually all that indicative of a RM...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I for one am feeling very positive about him our manager knows Spain very well so if anyone knows if he can hang in the championship its Kara.

And yes Orob the season is shaping up very nicely its been a while since me and the family were this excited for a up and coming season all the signings are spot on and I dont think any fans can have a moan and as usual Gibbo has dug deep and seems to be really pushing the boat out for promotion Right Chairman check right manager check good enough squad check players brought in that improve the starting 11 check. Its looking good chaps I think we will run away with it this season providing our starting 11 can stay injury free. :)

Uruguayan international(replacement for Suarez), and 12 goals in La Liga for a frankly below-average side. I'm impressed.

I for one am feeling very positive about him our manager knows Spain very well so if anyone knows if he can hang in the championship its Kara.

And yes Orob the season is shaping up very nicely its been a while since me and the family were this excited for a up and coming season all the signings are spot on and I dont think any fans can have a moan and as usual Gibbo has dug deep and seems to be really pushing the boat out for promotion Right Chairman check right manager check good enough squad check players brought in that improve the starting 11 check. Its looking good chaps I think we will run away with it this season providing our starting 11 can stay injury free. :)

If you'll allow me to play devil's advocate, Karanka certainly knows the Spanish market yet he's bought us Nsue, Meijas, Arbella and if I'm being harsh Kike. His record of buying from Spain has largely been quite unsuccessful.

Sorry his Spanish purchases have not been good.

Jury is out on Kike and Arbella.

Nsue and Meijas have not lived up to their billings.

You could not class one of his Spanish signings as a success.

I think Karanka has probably thought the same himself Humpty, and that's why the signings this summer all look to have a more robust 'British' feel to them.

Stuani should be considered much less of a risk though. I don't know much about him, but he's been playing top flight football for a few seasons and is a Uruguay international. I'm hopeful...

Sorry his Spanish purchases have not been good.

Jury is out on Kike and Arbella.

Nsue and Meijas have not lived up to their billings.

You could not class one of his Spanish signings as a success.

To be fair, karanka has said himself that he's only really getting to grips with the championship and he didn't know exactly what kind of players would succeed in this league. I think he now knows and anyone he brings in from this point will be specifically tailored to this division whereas previously they may not have been.

I'm going to say something that you don't here often on forums.

I have no idea what he's like. To my knowledge I've never seen him play and if I have he hasn't stood out.

If he signs I look forward to seeing him in a boro shirt and judging his ability then.

I have no idea what he's like. To my knowledge I've never seen him play and if I have he hasn't stood out.

If he signs I look forward to seeing him in a boro shirt and judging his ability then.

Me neither as I'm not interested in youtube vids etc so I don't even bother with those.  I remember having a similar conversation about Vossen last summer as well.  It's funny but looking back at that, the amount of people that got Vossen wrong was quite large so I assume most hadn't really seen him at all and probably based their opinion on said youtube clips.

I haven't really commented on this signing because of a lack of knowledge but what I will say is that I'm always dubious about signings being brought in from the continent at this level, especially those without any history of playing here before.  If it takes him a year to get to grips with it then what are we going to get from him in that time and will it be enough?

All ive seen of him is as a right wing so if as people say hes a forward. I know nothing

Think he's going to be a solid purchase! i watch a lot of spanish football and at espanyol him and Sergio garcia were used as a partnership, stuani did the ugly stuff by putting himself around, good in the air and solid. Isn't the most skilful of players or fast but has an eye for goal, I think with the way we play stuani will easy get us 15 goals this season as karanka won't of bought him to play behind the striker

I never usually watch YouTube compilations as you can make Lee Dong Gook look good by just showing his best bits, but when I was hunting for archive on Stuani to use in the AV interview, I did notice the sheer amount of headers he seems to get. Really can't recall us scoring too many last year that weren't from centre backs up for set pieces. Leadbitter's cheeky looper against Norwich is the only one off the top of my head (no pun intended). I think that could be a tactical shift for this season, maybe? More balls whipped in for the strikers rather than patient buildup play. The signings we have made/been linked to are making me think that way.