oneBoro Forum

Shirt Sponsorship 2015/16

Which of the sponsorship options should oneBORO choose this year  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the sponsorship options should oneBORO choose this year

• Continue to sponsor a Mens Senior Home Shirt
    • Switch and Sponsor MFC Ladies Away shirt (Whole Team)
    • Sponsor Mens Away Shirt & 1+ MFC Ladies players

Hi Guys,

As the new season is upon us - so are our options of shirt sponsorship.

We are yet to hear from the club about the options for shirt sponsorship for this season - but we want to get the ball rolling early this year.. giving maximum input to MFC.

This year we have three options, so I am going to put it to the vote.. and then also ask for opinions on how to improve this competition...

Firstly the options:

1 - Continue to raise funds and sponsor MFC Mens senior home shirt (we have done this for the last 3 years, two years as home shirts with Whitehead and Leadbitter and the first year with Reach's away shirt) 

2 - Switch and attempt to raise enough money to be the Away Shirt Sponsor for the MFC Ladies shirts (All Shirts as front of shirt sponsor) - supporting a less well supported and funded form of the club we support. (Double the cost of option 1)

3 - Lower our level of sponsorship with the Mens Senior shirt to an away shirt and sponsor 1 or more of the ladies shirts too. (Around the same cost as option 1)

As you will have noticed, we as a forum are building a relationship with the MFC Ladies team (check out the new section of the forum).

Also your opinion would be great on the following:

Is a £10 donation the right amount to enter the competition?

Would you still donate the same amount of money if it was a £5 entry - but you would have more entries? 

Would a lower donation value increase the likely hood of you getting involved.

If you haven't entered to the shirt sponsorship competition - what might get you involved?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Andy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I'd likely donate more if it was lower.

I think option 3 would suit most parties, but I think if we can get the cash to go with option 2, then that would be fantastic.

I voted for the Ladies team as they can benefit a lot more with the money. I'd rather do that than pay someone a little more to sit on the injury table (hopefully no-one is on the injury table all season!) :D

• Like 1

Option 3 for me. Reasons are:

- we struggled to get enough money for a home shirt in the past. Highly doubt we'd be able to raise enough for option 2.

- would like to keep supporting the men's team (as well as the ladies).

- think we need to keep the incentive of a competition. Not sure whether this would happen with the women's team?!

Think a fiver entry fee would be a good idea as well. Gives a bit more flexibility.

Sponsoring some women "playing" football doesn't raise the profile of the forum stick to the men!

After all its the reason we all support the club not because of the ladies team

Sponsoring some women "playing" football doesn't raise the profile of the forum stick to the men!

I don't even know where to begin with how terrible this post was.

They aren't some women they're the Boro Ladies team.

why have you put the word playing, in inverted commas?

It's not about raising the profile of the forum, there are enough idiots on here already! It's about helping out the Boro Ladies team.

To be fair, the reason most people support the club is because they were born in the area, it's nothing to do with who's in the team.

why have you put the word playing, in inverted commas?

It's not about raising the profile of the forum, there are enough idiots on here already! It's about helping out the Boro Ladies team.

To be fair, the reason most people support the club is because they were born in the area, it's nothing to do with who's in the team.

Gosh everyone knows women can't play football.

look at them trying to play, aren't they adorable, kicking the ball around all serious like.

/s <-just in case anyone thought I was serious. I'm a big fan of womens football.

Option 3 for me. Reasons are:

- we struggled to get enough money for a home shirt in the past. Highly doubt we'd be able to raise enough for option 2.

- would like to keep supporting the men's team (as well as the ladies).

- think we need to keep the incentive of a competition. Not sure whether this would happen with the women's team?!

Think a fiver entry fee would be a good idea as well. Gives a bit more flexibility.

I'm sure we can work some sort of prize into things if we go for option 2 alone.

That was my thinking behind the fiver..

As for raising extra funds.. I have a few creative ideas - though I'll need to talk them through with Rob and the mods once I've done a bit more research.. It will mean forum members can generate income without it costing them anything

I have to admit that I'm shocked to read this..

We support the club.. We celebrate the successes of all the teams.. U18's, U21's, Senior side and Ladies.. Whichever team happen to wear the shirt and badge