oneBoro Forum

Loan Rangers

I though it might be good to have a thread about our loan players and how they're doing at their temporary homes, using views and comments from the respective teams forums.

Jonathan Burn – Oldham 

8th Aug - Played the full game in a 1-1 draw at Walsall

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/47565-ft-walsall-1-oldham-1/

Burn looks decent him and Wilson linked up well”

Burn looks very good on that showing.”

Burn had a good debut, him and Wilson looked decent together.”

Burn looked good, couple vital tackles and 1 VITAL block in the first half where Walsall would have probably gone 2 up.”

Positives (…) Johnny Burn”

First time our strikers had played together and first time our centre backs had played together, and you could tell in the first 20 minutes. Looked disjointed in midfield and clueless at the back.

Then we got the ball down and settled down. (...). Burn looked very good and Wilson back to his best. Work to be done still between them but as individuals they both were strong onwards - Burn's tucked in shirt and black boots fitted in with his style of play.”

Jonathan Burn, Black Boots and tucked in shirt - I already love him.”

Burn was superb and made two tackles in the first half that kept us in it.”

Jonathan Burn looks like and played like - today at least - Richard Jobson.”

wilson & burns worked well together”

Connor Ripley – Motherwell

1st Aug - Played the full game and kept a clean sheet in a 1-0 win at Inverness

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=15000&page=1

Defence and Keeper were solid, partly down to them marshalling play effectively and partly as Caley were very toothless”

Goalie was confident and dominate.”

Ripley didn't have a save to make but came off his line to claim at least half a dozen crosses and bossed his area well.”

8th Aug - Played the full game in a 2-0 defeat at home to Dundee United. Apparently he did a Dimi and went up for a corner in the last minute when it was still 1-0, and United scored their second on the breakaway.

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=15008&page=1

Ripley has a fair hoof on him but I really hope 80 yard balls out the goalkeepers hands doesn't become a tactic.”

The second goal will hopefully make the managers mind up that goalkeepers should stick to their own 18 yard box! Otherwise though Ripley looked commanding and made a couple of good saves.”

Good performances from Ripley lasley and Laing og aside.”

Big goalie was excellent gutted for him at the end made some outstanding saves and had no chance at the end really.”

positive note: keeper looks exceptional, very impressive performance.”

We look fit and well drilled, with the keeper, Lasley and 3 of the back 4 looking really strong.”

Can't agree with this, our keeper was man of the match.”

I thought they started the second pretty well and seemed to be getting on top culminating in the one-on-one save from Ripley.”

Some good performances today from Ripley, Lasley and Laing.”

Couple of real moments of class though, Ripley's save in the first half and Law's ball to Chalmers were both delicious.”

On a side note, Ripley was fortunate not to get a second yellow when he pulled the shirt of the United player on the lead up to their second goal.”

Impressed by Ripley but even he was dwarfed by the United keeper”

the big keeper also looked fantastic.”

Keeper was solid”

Ripley made a couple of very good saves”

On the plus side I think Ripley will be a good signing, if only on loan”

Was impressed by Ripley and Fletcher. “

I agree ripley had a couple of great saves especially the one in 1st half”

Thought Big Ripley was outstanding, hopefully we've solved our keeper problem!”

Bryn Morris – Coventry

8th Aug - Was named on the subs bench and came on in the 75th minute in a 2-0 win at home to Wigan.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/59273-Player-Ratings

Morris – 6”

Morris – 6”

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a look on the Motherwell forum and ripley seems to be impressing the fans. They also have a MOM thread and he is winning vote for that.

Great idea, will you be keeping up with every game?

I was hoping to yeah, I'll probably leave it til a couple of days after their games to update the thread though, so I can find more comments.

Bryn Morris – Coventry

Played all 120 minutes of Coventry's penalties defeat to Rochdale, and took and scored a penalty in the shootout.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/59292-Rochdale-(Away)-Match-Thread

“Morris has been poor, would take him off for Swanson.”

“Morris not played too well.”

“Phillips, Morris and Thomas all came through well.”

“(…) played very deep with Morris (who was off the pace and wasteful in possession in 90 minutes but improved in extra time)”

“morris-5- had an awful first half, got better as the game went on, and I'm not gonna say he's *** as it was his first full competitive game since his surgery. Good pen mind you, and he did one wonderful pass, but at times he didn't seem to want to drive forward with ball. But he looks okay.”

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/59399-Rochdale-Ratings

“Morris - 6 : Started poorly but to be fair its his first competitive game for some time. Got better as the game went on and was up to speed in extra time! His short passing and touch is what let him down early on but when up to pace looked like a good midfielder. Think he is an ample replacement in the middle when needed.”

“Agree apart from Thomas and Morris who both were worth a 6 at least. Thomas got an assist.  I thought Morris was decent, few wayward passes but good positional play and got about the pitch.”

Connor Ripley – Motherwell

Played all 90 mins of Motherwell's 2-0 defeat away at Hearts

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=15014&page=1

(the performance) sounds god awful. Goalie exempted.”

And sounds like poor goalkeeping for the second goal. Not promising...”

At first glance my thoughts were the keeper might have done better (for the second goal)”

Hopefully Conor Ripley will prove to be an improvement on George Long”

Ripley too didn't cover himself in glory (for the second goal)”

Thought Ripley made one mistake all night.”

Goalie should have saved the second. Poor.”

we're a new team settling in, a penalty and a goalkeeping error not exactly a thumping”

The 2nd is down to the goalie, but so far I have been impressed by him.”

Ripley should definitely have held the second goal. Imagine if Twardzik had let that slip through his hands.....”

“With regards the second goal, let's face it, that was a howler from Ripley. Yes, Hammell allowed the shot to come in too easily but Ripley's attempt at a save was hopeless in my opinion. Surprised at how soft he seems to have got off with this. Don't get me wrong, he was superb against United but any pro keeper should be saving those.”

“Goalies make mistakes. Ruddy and Randolph made a fair few also.”

Ripley looks to have made a decent start and all GKs are prune to the odd error or too. Solid start. Hopefully Bryn picks up a bit - think he will be good with a run of competitive games.

Cheers for the good work H7!