oneBoro Forum

What's gone RIGHT and what DOES NOT need to CHANGE?

As the dust settles on our defeat at Cardiff we now find ourselves in 6th position after a very good start to the season which has somewhat fizzled out. 2 defeats in 3 and no goals in that time has certainly got fans very opiniated on forums and social media. So what exactly has gone wrong and what needs to change? I'll start....

What has gone wrong?

*4231 system no longer working - it's become predictable, opposition teams have susssed us out. They know we won't break them down so they are very happy to sit back and watch us pass around because they know nothing will come of it.

*No goals in 5 league games - scoring goals was a massive problem last season. We thought our summer spending had rectified it but it looks likes it hasn't.

*Players not performing - Downing, Adomah, Friend et al not performing to the level we know they can.

*Not enough quality on bench - We know what our strongest first 11 is and I'm quite happy with it. But when things are going wrong do we have the quality on the bench to change games? Why loan out Husband, Wildschut, Reach? I can understand loaning out Carayol but why loan the rest? Our squad is now not as big as we first thought?

What needs to change?

*Tactics - Almost everyone agrees on this. We've got to change this ultra defensive mode. Give players some freedom. Goals win you matches and right now we are not scoring.

*Forshaw - When Forshaw came on with 10 minutes to go last night the first thing that crossed my mind was "what's the point?" He needs a longer run in the team. Why not try him out in the number 10 role in front of Clayton and Leadbitter?

*Players need to take personal responsibility - Downing and co. need to step up and show us why we've invested so much money in them!

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to XG we should be top of the league with five wins and 15 points! Of course XG never tells the full story and I'm not actually suggesting we should have five wins, but it does point to

It’s the complete opposite of this thread, but Wilder needs to set us up with more of a solid structure in midfield as it's simply not working at the moment. I appreciate that Wilder wants exciting fo

Thought I’d resurrect this classic just in case 😛

It's a combination of predictable formation which restricts our intent to win the game and a number of players under performing. I'd look to do the following:

* give more license to one of the central midfielder's to go past the three attacking midfielders,

* play another striker, if not let Downing do what he wants behind the striker.

* consider a switch of formation in game if the 4231 wasn't working,

* look to see what Forshaw has to offer. I can't say i'm clamouring for him as i've not seen enough of him for him to impress, but you don't know until he starts a game,

* Bring Husband back,

* Bring Wildschut back.

* Play at a higher intensity earlier in the game.

It's a combination of predictable formation which restricts our intent to win the game and a number of players under performing. I'd look to do the following:

* give more license to one of the central midfielder's to go past the three attacking midfielders,

* play another striker, if not let Downing do what he wants behind the striker.

* consider a switch of formation in game if the 4231 wasn't working,

* look to see what Forshaw has to offer. I can't say i'm clamouring for him as i've not seen enough of him for him to impress, but you don't know until he starts a game,

* Bring Husband back,

* Bring Wildschut back.

* Play at a higher intensity earlier in the game.

With that last one, AK is always talking about playing at a high intensity but I'm really yet to see it this season. We certainly seen it last season but it just isn't there this season.

A lot of the emotion last night smacks of over reaction to me. Yes we have had a blip but for heavens sake we are not mid table.

At the start of the season I said we would be this season's Leicester and a quick look in their promotion season showed that they lost 5 of their first 20 games , granted they only lost 1 of the last 26 , but my point is that their will be a dip for every team. I know we can make anything of stats so I only use this as an example , I am sure there are some who could equally show a stat which explains why AK is the worst manager in our history but it is a point just the same.

Now having been at Reading I agree that we are too predaictable but I don't blame the system as such , more our failure to make it work. Lets be clear here do you really think AK will ditch 4-2-3-1 because of a clamour for some mythical plan B.

I don't like singling individuals out but I think we have all maybe been blinded by Fabbrini's contribution to the first few games as he seems too lightweight for a pivotal No 10 role. As for Forshaw I worry that he his becoming a better player the longer he sits on the bench as we have a good history (Carayol et al) of doing that as fans. I really thought Downing was bought for that role so it his failure to grasp this which is my biggest concern and I do think he needs to be given the next 8 games or so in that role to make it his own. Forshaw is competition for Leads/Clayton and if he is good enough to dislodge one of them then fine but is he really a number 10?

Bottom line is that too many players are off the pace at the moment and that has to change soon. The one player on loan who seems to be improving his chances is Wildshutt so I can see him back in January but in all honesty are any of our other loanees the answer.

Going to Wolves on saturday , hope the fighback starts there

A lot of the emotion last night smacks of over reaction to me. Yes we have had a blip but for heavens sake we are not mid table.

At the start of the season I said we would be this season's Leicester and a quick look in their promotion season showed that they lost 5 of their first 20 games , granted they only lost 1 of the last 26 , but my point is that their will be a dip for every team. I know we can make anything of stats so I only use this as an example , I am sure there are some who could equally show a stat which explains why AK is the worst manager in our history but it is a point just the same.

Now having been at Reading I agree that we are too predaictable but I don't blame the system as such , more our failure to make it work. Lets be clear here do you really think AK will ditch 4-2-3-1 because of a clamour for some mythical plan B.

I don't like singling individuals out but I think we have all maybe been blinded by Fabbrini's contribution to the first few games as he seems too lightweight for a pivotal No 10 role. As for Forshaw I worry that he his becoming a better player the longer he sits on the bench as we have a good history (Carayol et al) of doing that as fans. I really thought Downing was bought for that role so it his failure to grasp this which is my biggest concern and I do think he needs to be given the next 8 games or so in that role to make it his own. Forshaw is competition for Leads/Clayton and if he is good enough to dislodge one of them then fine but is he really a number 10?

Bottom line is that too many players are off the pace at the moment and that has to change soon. The one player on loan who seems to be improving his chances is Wildshutt so I can see him back in January but in all honesty are any of our other loanees the answer.

I don't think it's an overreaction. The stats speak for themselves. 0 goals in 3 games, 2 defeats in 3, from 5 points clear of 3rd place to 3 points behind 2nd place in the space of 3 games.

Its blatantly obvious to me whats wrong...

This season is going to be a mirror image to last season because AK refuses to adjust hes negative style of play... He keeps making the same mistakes.. Sets us up far to negative for the squad of players we have, Plays players out of position, Doesn't make in game changes quick enough, No plan B, Keeps playing players who are out of form, Etc.....

Is he that stubborn or stupid he cant realize the way he sets us up is to negative and pedestrian which prevents for the most part putting teams to bed early/ Giving teams a good beating.. That means nearly all of the time the opposition will have a good chance of staying in the game and pinching a point or 3.... Also this style of play is the reason why we nearly never win when conceding first.

With the quality our squad possesses its embarrassing how AK sets us up and if he doesn't change our approach to games and be more attack minded we can forget about finishing in the top 2 and bank on another season in the championship.

Just throwing my opinion out there on something, Feel free to agree or not.....

I don't particularly like the guy but if he was our manager with this current squad of players he would have us attack minded, Brilliant to watch, Scoring lots of goals, Winning most games and walking this league... (Eddie Howe)

I don't think it's an overreaction. The stats speak for themselves. 0 goals in 3 games, 2 defeats in 3, from 5 points clear of 3rd place to 3 points behind 2nd place in the space of 3 games.

Agree to disagree then. If that was 0 goals in 6 and we were 10th then maybe that really is a disaster but 3 games is only 3 games.  As you know I am a half full kind of fella so accept others will have a different view , I just think we all need to keep calm , which is never easy after a loss.

We mostly start games very tentative and keep shape at all costs, which is fine away from home but we are now doing that at home as well.

His thoughts on how we get out of this league are by keeping it tight and not committing men forward, and to try and nick one.

We can talk of selection but really we arent very brave in our approach, He always seems to be patient and wait for them to make a mistake and then hope to get another on the break.

I genuinely think our approach breeds a nervousness in the team the longer the game goes on.

We could play Darlo under 9s and still play one up front and a locked CM.

Sometimes if you have to fancy your chances against a team take the brakes off , raise the tempo and force the issue by giving players some freedom to express their game.

The Cardiff game I expected a tight regimented showing as thats how we are playing at home. He seems not to trust the players any other way.

Heres hoping for a result against Wolves.

We are 2 points worse off than at this point last season having played 1 fewer game (13 by this point last season as opposed to only 12 so far this), we had also lost 4 games at this point last season.

We are 2 points worse off than at this point last season having played 1 fewer game (13 by this point last season as opposed to only 12 so far this), we had also lost 4 games at this point last season.

So not really any better are we?

I'm not sure we need to be better than we were at this stage last season, we have bought a whole new forward line and they are still gelling together, as they gel and play together more we will improve, then we'll be better than last year.

I'm not sure what some of our fans are expecting?

Or you could say that we are just as good as last season, and what a great season that was.

What do you suggest that we do to change things KM?

Or you could say that we are just as good as last season, and what a great season that was.

What do you suggest that we do to change things KM?

I put my suggestions forward earlier on...give Forshaw a run in the team, players take more personal responsibility, change tactics :)

I personally think that AK need to STOP rotating his team every match as I think that he made 3 changes in the last 2 game as he shouldn't do that as he need the strongest 11 first teamer players on the pitch at all times specially for this league!!

On Saturday I thought Ben Gibson (Vs Fulham) did brilliant and we kept a clean sheet and then he dropped for the next game- why??

AA he is our best winger (on the right) that we have in our team at the moment so why continuing keep dropping him? fair do he might of been jet leg but he does comes on from the bench later in the game so why do we not start with him and then if he poor later in the game then take him off!!!

At our home game he should always play with 2 strikers and not 1 as I felt really sorry for Nugent who had to run across the pitch numbers of time and not got anywhere at all and he doesn't really have any support from the other players!!

Think Adam Forshaw will be thinking WHY the hell have I joined the Boro?? the poor lad had played brilliant every-time he on the pitch so why do the hell do we not letting play??? the player AK should be rotating is between the tree of Clayton,Forshaw and GL and not the rest of the team...