oneBoro Forum

next 8 league games

This next load of fixtures are vital to our season, when you look at this stage last season from game 17 to game 25 games gone we got 13 points leaving us on 44 points. this season at game 17 we have 33 points. i hope we are well above 44 points this time, which will mean we've taken points off rivals and probably started to see a gap appear to some.

I dont really see the point in doing guesses to the results, its not like anyone ever gets them right. target has to be high 1.5-2.0 points a game with these fixtures would be decentish return.

next 8:-

Hudders (A)---W

Ipswich (A)----W-- never expected to win at PR maybe 18 points rather than my estimate of 15 then :)

Brum (H)-------D

Burnley (H)----W

Brighton (A)---W

Blackburn (A)- P-P

Sheff wed (H)--W

Derby (H)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I think we'll get 15 points out there, some really tough games in there.

Ipswich away on a Friday night, after having played Everton at home on Tuesday.. I'd definetly take a point there.

Brighton away, Blackburn away with Lambert in place now could be a tough place to go.

If we can be a couple of points off 2nd by Jan 2nd after that Derby game, I'll be happy. We can really push on and have a good end to the season (like Watford last year).

Hudders (A) - W

Ipswich (A) - D

Brum (H) - W

Burnley (H) - D

Brighton (A) - L

Blackburn (A) - W

Sheff wed (H) - W

Derby (H) -D

That would give us 15 points which would leave us in a pretty decent position.

Hudders (A) - W

Ipswich (A) - D

Brum (H) - W

Burnley (H) - D

Brighton (A) - L

Blackburn (A) - W

Sheff wed (H) - W

Derby (H) -D

That would give us 15 points which would leave us in a pretty decent position.

i'd take those points now. 48 points, 4 ahead of last season at that stage. cant be  displeased with that. espcially since most of the tough away games are out of the way.

I've got it between 9 and 15 points depending on certain things so a sizeable variance there. Some tricky fixtures to call in that lot. The Birmingham home game is one most will have as three points but they have the best away record in the league, won 5, drawn 2, lost 1. It's possible that it's just a quirk of the fixture list and they've had easy fixtures but they could just happen to be set up ideally to play away from home. Ipswich could be tricky on the Friday night following the Everton game especially if it goes to extra time. I think Blackburn away isn't a locked in win either by any means, only lost twice at home and we couldn't beat them last season in either game. Add in three more tough home games and there are plenty of games we can drop points in.

If we can come out of the sequence at the higher end of that - 15 points or even better - then I would expect us to be no worse off than where we are now and possibly top. Of course where we get the points from could be just as important as how many we can get. If we take 15 points by beating Derby, Burnley, Brighton, Birmingham and Sheff Wed that might be worth more to us than getting those 15 points by beating Huddersfield, Blackburn, Ipswich etc. Whatever the sequence of results is I would really really like to beat Burnley and Derby and at least get a point at Brighton. I think we're capable of that.

Hudders (A) - Win

Ipswich (A) - Win

Brum (H) - Draw

Burnley (H) - Draw

Brighton (A) - Draw

Blackburn (A) - Win

Sheff wed (H) - Win

Derby (H) -Draw

Can see a couple of draws at home against the better teams

They might not play as defensive as some of the lower sides' but will be more organised

We wont always get "get out of jail" cards like QPR 

IMO  ;)

beating brighton and derby would be my fav results. brum is a tough home game. ipswich away is a guaranteed home banker. we are more than capable of winning against burnley and sheff wed at home and hudders away. suppose 15 points is an acceptable return(with our squad investment) anything more would be great.

i think we could go from min 11(shocking) upto max of about 18(excellent). average return of 13-16 is more likely.

CT 9 points from 8 games? really???

we've not had that poor return since AK first joined and we had that none scoring run.

beating brighton and derby would be my fav results. brum is a tough home game. ipswich away is a guaranteed home banker. we are more than capable of winning against burnley and sheff wed at home  and hudders away. suppose 15 points is an acceptable return(with our squad investment) anything more would be great.

i think we could go from min 11(shocking) upto max of about 18(excellent). average return of 13-16 is more likely.

CT 9 points from 8 games? really???

we've not had that poor return since AK first joined and we had that none scoring run.

That would be a worst case scenario mate!  So lets say we have a tough game at Everton and then we go to Ipswich and they roll us over as a result, that kind of thing.  Then we have Birmingham, Burnley and Brighton in the space of a week so can we keep our performance levels up for all of those? I didn't have us losing many, it was more about drawn games but as I said that was a worst case scenario.