oneBoro Forum

Loan window

Would imagine that this loan period thread will be highly under populated with posts so with that in mind will suggest that loans for any teams within the Championship can be mentioned just so there is some volume to the thread.

Can members see any of the current full Boro squad going out on loan anywhere?

And can you see any loans coming into the club and if so to cover what positions?

I suppose there is a chance of players we might have been trying to sign in the last window being pursued again so that we can have a look at their capabilities.

Is this window for emergency loans only?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I can still see that young lad from Scotland coming in in the loan window, think it was meant to be a loan with view to permanent if we saw enough good from him in the Under 21's.

Not sure we will strengthen anywhere unless we get injuries.

Might see Husband come back then go back out on loan later on in the window. I'd love to see if we can justify sending Dael Fry out for a month or two as well. He's clearly an important player for the U21s and you might say he's better off staying here to train and learn from Karanka's coaching staff instead. But if you could find the right club who could do the same thing as we managed to do for Ben Gibson, we could have another top, young English centre back prospect in our ranks.

I think we should sign a left CB as cover & that's our squad complete IMO.

I wouldn't loan anyone out.

I think if there are genuine concerns over Gibson's likelihood to play most games, then maybe. But otherwise I think we do have the cover.

De Laet is two-footed.

Fry has filled in for Gibson already.

Baptiste can play anywhere across the back and could be in the squad next month.

And don't forget, Friend can also play centre back. He could slot in there with Husband playing LB. Obviously we wouldn't want to do it against Hull or Burnley as we could have a Kalas/Nsue at Bournemouth situation on our hands. But against a Rotherham or Charlton, it's not bad as a last resort.

I'd seriously only look to loan someone in if we get a long term injury.

just a question that will probably have differing opinions.

if Dimi were to suffer an injury (sincerely hope he doesnt ) whats folks feelings on having faith in Mejijas to step in now ....or would you be on the side of bringing i n an emergency loan instead.

if Dimi were to suffer an injury (sincerely hope he doesnt ) whats folks feelings on having faith in Mejijas to step in now ....or would you be on the side of bringing i n an emergency loan instead.

We might be able to to recall ripely from Motherwell if needs be

I think if we were to sign anyone it would be a winger or as people have said due to an injury. But then again I doubt we would to anything else.

I cant see any players going out on loan unless the youths get knocked out of the European cup or straight swap loan deals like Amorebietta and Husband last season.

We shouldn't have to, we already have a keeper in on loan. However, if he's not impressed in training, and if Mejias still leaves us jittery, I'd say yes.

Off the top of my head, Given, Ospina, Speroni, Caballero, Romero, Myhill, Stekelenburg, Vorm and Schwarzer are all second choice goalkeepers who could come in and do a very good job if required, provided their clubs would let them go for a short period.

edit: or even Joel Robles given AK's friendship with Martinez.

I think Mejias has shown that he is definitely capable of playing well, but I do find it interesting that Agazzi hasn't gone back.

I think we'll only see loan signings if any key players are injured or if Leadbitter/Clayton are both out suspended for two games at the same time.

Remember, we can only sign domestic players on loan. No European players.

I think Mejias has shown that he is definitely capable of playing well, but I do find it interesting that Agazzi hasn't gone back.

I think we'll only see loan signings if any key players are injured or if Leadbitter/Clayton are both out suspended for two games at the same time.

Remember, we can only sign domestic players on loan. No European players.

Maybe Agazzi likes the weather on Teesside :P

When we were talking about Kike Sola, someone mentioned a practice of occasionally taking players on in order to win favour with clubs or agents, to then get a better deal on a better player in the long run. I wonder if the Agazzi loan had an element of that to it?