oneBoro Forum

Right time for a wobble?

I've been away for the last two matches and without being able to see much of the games, it does feel that we are having bit of a wobble at the moment.

This wobble in my opinion was inevitable and I would go as far to say that I think this is the perfect time to have it. If I remember correctly, Bournemouth had a similar wobble this time last year and they had a storming end to the season.

Yes we haven't won since Brentford and we were lucky then too but we have had this wobble and we haven't dropped out of the top two yet.

In my opinion, the last few weeks have been the right time to do it. The cushion we created for ourselves served its purpose and we are still in the autos.

If we had this and were in 5th, we could have been far more twitchy and look where that has gotten Derby the last few weeks, they have pretty much ended their own hopes by imploding.

Don't get me wrong, we need to come out of this sooner rather than later but I think we need to stay positive and think, this was coming and be glad that it's now and not the end of the season.

Agree?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been away for the last two matches and without being able to see much of the games, it does feel that we are having bit of a wobble at the moment.

This wobble in my opinion was inevitable and I would go as far to say that I think this is the perfect time to have it. If I remember correctly, Bournemouth had a similar wobble this time last year and they had a storming end to the season.

Yes we haven't won since Brentford and we were lucky then too but we have had this wobble and we haven't dropped out of the top two yet.

In my opinion, the last few weeks have been the right time to do it. The cushion we created for ourselves served its purpose and we are still in the autos.

If we had this and were in 5th, we could have been far more twitchy and look where that has gotten Derby the last few weeks, they have pretty much ended their own hopes by imploding.

Don't get me wrong, we need to come out of this sooner rather than later but I think we need to stay positive and think, this was coming and be glad that it's now and not the end of the season.

Agree?

Agreed. It is a good time for a wobble if there is such a time. If we win at Leeds, and start winning again we should be OK. Although we have dropped points on theoretically our easiest run of games of the season.

I was thinking though, maybe we need play some better teams again, we seem to perform better against the better teams (Hull aside).

Agree with the opening post, all teams have one but ours, if not halted will look worse than it is due to dropping into the autospots.

One win should restore confidence and there are at least signs of better things to come if we adopt a slightly different policy.

However the wobble needs to stop sooner rather than later

its not a massive wobble as i mean we are not shipping in goals. its the attack/midfield doing nothing.

are we lacking the players to drive our attacks on? my personal opinion is the we have a lack of responsibility in attack and we all just pass the buck. stuani, nugent and downing are our senior pro's in the attacking positions and should be taking more ownership. adomah never caused all our troubles by himself and shouldnt carry the can alone. he is the first casualty if this continues watch downing and stuani drop out of the team very soon.

Rhodes coming into the team is what i think we need, he wont hide and will be demanding supply from his team mates. nugent is the next casualty on monday i think. hopefully that will be enough to turn the corner for us attacking wise.

I think some fans need to calm down. Yes we are in the middle of a sticky patch but we're still somehow top of the league. Agree with OP, the cushion we created with that storming winning run has definitely served its purpose, it's kept us right up there even with 2 points out of 12.

Some of the comments on social media and abuse being thrown at manager and players last night was absolute disgraceful. We're top of the league for Christ sake.

I think some fans need to calm down. Yes we are in the middle of a sticky patch but we're still somehow top of the league. Agree with OP, the cushion we created with that storming winning run has definitely served its purpose, it's kept us right up there even with 2 points out of 12.

Some of the comments on social media and abuse being thrown at manager and players last night was absolute disgraceful. We're top of the league for Christ sake.

You've changed your tune from last night :D

Although I agree, the comments being thrown at players on twitter was just ridiculous, and disgraceful. No place for that.

You've changed your tune from last night :D

Although I agree, the comments being thrown at players on twitter was just ridiculous, and disgraceful. No place for that.

:D

I wasn't angry. Just frustrated that Rhodes didn't start again, and we should have picked up more points. But the positive thing is this blip hasn't hurt us as much as it could have done. But we must get that win sooner rather than later to get things moving again.

Totally agree KM,some fans need to give their heads a wobble,we will come out of this stronger.

How long did it take you to set up that photo of Kermit the frog hanging from a noose KM?

Just a quick Google search man. :D

I had a mental image of you, at work, as soon as the first goal went in I imagined you sneaking down the corridor to Jane in HR's office and stealing her Kermit mascot from on top of her work station, grabbing a bit of rope from a nearby loading bay and setting up the whole macabre scene in your bosses office. Disappointed that it was a google search, disappointed and intrigued.

What on earth did you put into the search bar for that to come up? How on earth did you know such a photo even existed?? :rolleyes:

How long did it take you to set up that photo of Kermit the frog hanging from a noose KM?

I had a mental image of you, at work, as soon as the first goal went in I imagined you sneaking down the corridor to Jane in HR's office and stealing her Kermit mascot from on top of her work station, grabbing a bit of rope from a nearby loading bay and setting up the whole macabre scene in your bosses office. Disappointed that it was a google search, disappointed and intrigued.

What on earth did you put into the search bar for that to come up? How on earth did you know such a photo even existed?? :rolleyes:

If you're a regular Internet user you know where and how to find the perfect gifs and images for any occasion no matter the situation :p

So to play devil's advocate....

When is a wobble not a wobble?

Whilst all the comparisons with Bournemouth are encouraging in the interest of fairness we should also consider Derby. There fans forums were full of similar comments and essentially went

We're top of the league

We're not playing well but we are top of the league

We're in the automatic promotion spots

We're in the play offs

We're in the ****

Hell we've been there ourselves under Mogga. Even last season we were top 6 times between January and the end of the season. Each time we trusted in karanka, had faith in the players that got us there and #believed to no avail. So what's different this time?

If you've got the time look back in the match day threads to the amount of times post match reviews were essentially 'good result poor performance'.

It's only a small swing that's taken us from where we were to where we are. It's only a small swing to get things back on track and hopefully JR is that difference. In truth he's going to have to be as we got rid of a quarter of the teams goals in January.

So when is a wobble not a wobble.

He has had it saved on his computer ready to use since there was a chance we wouldn't get the Rhodes deal done on deadline day.