oneBoro Forum

Great North Run 2016 (and now MARATHON!)

GNR2016: Finishing Time  

1 member has voted

1. 1. GNR2016: Finishing Time

• Sub 1:45:00
    • 1:45:01 - 1:50:00
    • 1:51:01 - 1:55:00
    • 1:55:01 - 2:00:00

Hi guys, it's that time again...

Taking on my 3rd GNR and I'm raising money for the North East Autism Society this time. The charity behind the colour run events.

The NE-AS Support families across the region by increasing life skills, confidence and independence for individuals on the autistic spectrum, providing respite for families and developing strategies for ongoing support.

I've received a lot of support from forum members when raising money over the last 2 years and I'm calling on you again.

Please give what you can afford. I hate asking people for money but then I always think how lucky I am to have what I have when some families have to have such a tough life. If I can make a difference then I'll do my very best to do so. Instead of having a bottle of wine this weekend or a few beers, think how much more use it will be to help another family. It's not much in the grand scheme of things, but it makes a difference.

Anyway, any donation is welcome be it £1, £5, £10 or £100... it all adds up!

You can donate at: https://www.justgiving.com/baz-foster or send a text 'NEAS70 £5' to 70070 (Or replace the £5 with another amount).

If the forum can raise £100 I will amend my running vest to have the Boro Badge on it with the oneBoro logo alongside.

Thanks as always people! :heart:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, please vote on my finishing time... My best GNR time is 1:55:58 but my Half Marathon PB is around 1:46:00 on a flatter course.

All correct voters will get a rep point from me (As will all sponsorers of course!!!)

My second In a row this year too. Last year Zoe's place but running for mind his year. A charity a lot closer to my partner and I's heart. Looking at your times I'd say you're light years ahead of me . Mind you self confession I did very little (none) training. Good luck achieving your funding targets and smash your time l!

Mines in Baz.

Come on lads and lasses, it's for a good cause. Support a fellow one boro forum member.

Terrific stuff CF, really appreciate it! Going to be a tough target to raise £300 this year but I really want to do it. Remember, £100 from the forum and I'll get the logo ironed onto my vest.

I know times are tough on Teesside, but even as little as £1 would mean the world to me. It's the act of donating rather than the amount that I appreciate the most :heart:

My second In a row this year too. Last year Zoe's place but running for mind his year. A charity a lot closer to my partner and I's heart. Looking at your times I'd say you're light years ahead of me . Mind you self confession I did very little (none) training. Good luck achieving your funding targets and smash your time l!

Thanks GS!

I started out at 14st 7lbs when I was started training for my 1st GNR a couple of years ago. After doing Parkrun this morning I was 12st 7lbs so in theory, I should beat my best GNR time this time all being well... however, this course kills me! Both previous runs have killed me around the 10 mile mark and last year I was cramped up so much I had to keep stopping on the home straight... could have cried :( Meeting Colin and Julie Cooper at the end made up for it though (And the super Laurie Cox too who managed to sort my cramp out!)

Thanks GS!

I started out at 14st 7lbs when I was started training for my 1st GNR a couple of years ago. After doing Parkrun this morning I was 12st 7lbs so in theory, I should beat my best GNR time this time all being well... however, this course kills me! Both previous runs have killed me around the 10 mile mark and last year I was cramped up so much I had to keep stopping on the home straight... could have cried :( Meeting Colin and Julie Cooper at the end made up for it though (And the super Laurie Cox too who managed to sort my cramp out!)

Ouch I was 16st running last year. I got cramp near that high street. Sat on a bench for a rest. Worst thing I could have possibly done,, my calves just seized up, it was 3 miles of pain from then on.

Had some inspiration on the home straight from a girl running rear me. "Come on Zoe's place we will do his together" we did, for about 200 meters until I crashed again haha!

Unbelievable experience and loved it regardless of the pain. I'm still 16st but my wedding day is 3 weeks after which would be additional motivation :)

Thought there would have been a better response to this. A fellow oneboro member raising money for charity. Come on lads and lasses and help Baz raise money for a good cause.

Cheers CF.

Money's tight and games are coming thick and fast at this time of year so I can totally understand the response really. Might be better if I resurrect the thread a bit more after the season has finished.