oneBoro Forum

So AV Is Not A Fan Of Flares

Not sure what my opinion is really. They do make an amazing spectacle and add to the atmosphere, but have to agree about the danger of them. For AV's sake i hope we don't get into Europe and play one of these in the near future   :D

As mentioned in the Birmingham thread, there are plenty of stupid things about using flares.

Especially when the one that I saw get set off was set off in the first half, when Dimi was at the end with our fans in. It completely covered our end. Dimi could very easily have been unsighted and they could have just had another dig like Gleeson and it might have beaten him.

Other than just being stupid it's against the law to take pyrotechnics to a football match.

The stupid side has been covered by the article.. I've been close to one being set off and the heat the comes from them is immense...

There are plenty of ways to up the atmosphere without pyro!!

Dont see the problem personally, they are used in grounds all over Europe without incident

I think you'll find that people have been hurt and indeed killed as a result of them.

I don't see the fascination myself with a load of smoke at a football match but then I'm not 8 years old.

Its an absolutely ridiculous thing to bring in and to set off in a game. True they are a spectacle but ffs, its just obsurd to think they don't cause any harm, what about virtually blining the guy standing behind you, filling a stand/ground full of peoples lungs with the smoke? Irresponsible idiotic fools are the only people who set these things off. Anyone doing so should receive a lifetime ban from all grounds as far as i'm concerned and formal charges brought against them of igniting an incendiary device in a public place.