oneBoro Forum

Battle Cry

Ok I have bemoaned the fact that I can not get to see the game at The Riverside but it reminded me that there are those who simply can not see the game at all and how much it would have meant to them had they still been able to.

So as a gesture to one of our own, and that he is in fans and colleagues minds, to all players, those associated with MFC and all of their fans:

"Lets win this one for Ali" 

You may have memories of your own family members or friends so include those as well!

Good post DS

I have a memorial brick at the Riverside for my late brother who was devoted to the team

Will be spending a quiet moment on Saturday looking at his brick before the game knowing he is with us in spirit

Thanks MW for taking the time to at least post on this thread, was surprised that though plenty of views there had been no responses to it.

Although I am now going thanks to you the ethos still applies

Well folks, I fly over tomorrow the intention was firstly to visit my mam and dad with the hope of seeing a Boro game in fact my wife randomly booked the dates.....Fate perhaps! My dad was to join me to watch the match but unfortunately he is increasingly unwell with Asbestos that in turn has caused lung Cancer. Not putting any dampeners on this occasion as Life has to run its own course of events. UTB and I will do my best to meet a few at Llyods Bar.

I shall be thinking of my Dad, this Saturday. As some of you know, he passed away listening to the Boro Wolves game on Boro+, last October.

It was him who took me to my first game, If it wasn't for my Dad, I don't know who my team would be as there was no history of supporting Boro in my family, in fact my Dad had been a fanatical Bristol Rovers fan in his youth. We moved to Darlo from Mersyside when I was 7 years old and a work colleague of his invited us to go to Ayresome Park with him and his son.

My Dad loved football and he enjoyed the atmosphere at Ayresome Park as well as watching players such as Graeme Souness, JIm Platt, Spike Armstrong and David Mills, after that initial game against Palace I asked my Dad if we'd be able to go again, try stopping us, was his reply.

I swapped my Liverpool scarf (impeccable timing, this was 77-78, probably Liverpool's finest years!) for a Middlesbrough FC scarf, red and white check with a Lion and 3 boats on it and although I've lived in a lot of towns and been to watch other teams, Boro have always been under my skin.

My Dad's passing was unexpected, my Mum found him in his armchair when she went up to his study at full time. I hope that he made it to the end of the second half, or at least until Fabbrini's goal, before his heart gave out. It's not been the same for me following the Boro since then but If we win on Saturday it will be my Dad that I think of when that final whistle blows.

RIP Gerald.

What an emotional story BWS. Things like that, and like Ali's illness, put football into perspective, but at the same time, show the power that the sport has in bringing people together and in bringing us happiness in times of real darkness.

RIP.

UTB.

Cheers Tom, it's been one hell of a season, it's very strange not to get a phone call after each game, we always used to dissect every match together.

It's been good to get the post match thoughts of others on here.

Let's win this ***ing football match aye?