oneBoro Forum

Championship Play Off Final: Sheffield Wednesday V Hull City 1700hrs 28/05 Wembley

Ok as the play off games will be coming thick and fast thought it best to have a separate thread for them so that all games posts and discussions can go under one umbrella.

Order of play off games as follows

13th May with a 1945hrs kick off (Hillsborough)  Sheffield Wednesday V Brighton

14th May with a 1230hrs kick off  (iPro Stadium)   Derby V Hull

16th May with a 1945hrs kick off (Amex Stadium) Brighton V Sheffield Wednesday

17th May with a 1945hrs kick off (KC Stadium)      Hull V Derby

I believe that the Championship final will be the first to be played over play off final weekend at Wembley

Certainly not wasting any time between the play off legs it seems.

One thing for certain how glad I am that we are not involved and brief comment on the first game is that I think SW could well be favourites now due to what took place at The Riverside

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think (and hope) it will be Hull that go up. Bruce is a good championship manager.

Derby are on form, but thornes leg break could hurt them big time.

DS award will apply to all games, correct final score and name of fgs (either team) 0-0 applicable but minute of first yellow card to be included

Also additional DS award for correct final aggregate score of both play offs.

Only after extra time in the second leg if all is square, I do not think it goes down to a penalty shoot out does it? Maybe wrong it could be the other way round

With the way that the last game of the seasons results went and that they have had a very indifferent last few weeks I get the gut feeling that it will be Hull gaining the contentious final place into the PL.

I really did think that the losers (what a terrible title to be given) of our match with Brighton even if it had been us would find getting through to the final very difficult.

Whose your money on and why?

My money is on Derby, they've had the beatings of Hull twice this season and Hull hate playing them. I originally had wanted Brighton but the fan bile has put me off but I think they will be too much for Wednesday. Derby though, I think will wreck them in the final, being a team that can pressure their defence and kill their attack at the same time (as we did on Saturday for 95% of the match)

Just have to hope George Thorne's injury doesn't hurt them too much.

I'd still like Brighton up though; although their reaction has lessened that feeling. I'd be happy with any of them other than Hull.

Hull can do one.

Just giving this a bump!

Will many of you watch the games and are genuinely interested in the final out come?

Don't forget the DS awards for correct predictions, see opening post

Also to ensure no confusion penalty shoot out if all square after extra time 2nd leg

13th May with a 1945hrs kick off (Hillsborough)  Sheffield Wednesday V Brighton 1-1 Hooper

14th May with a 1230hrs kick off  (iPro Stadium)   Derby V Hull 2-1 Hughes

16th May with a 1945hrs kick off (Amex Stadium) Brighton V Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Hooper  

(2-1 Wednesday aggregate)

17th May with a 1945hrs kick off (KC Stadium)      Hull V Derby 1-1 Livermore 

(3-2 Derby aggregate)