oneBoro Forum

oneBoro PL forum revamp

Well now we have a Premier League forum it is felt by Rob and others that perhaps we should have a revamping of the forum as a whole so that when opposing Premier League fans start to visit our site that they feel that we are a good place to visit.

Obviously being PL will attract new sources of advertising (that's for Rob to deal with) but we need your views and suggestions about what works, what does not work, what you would like to see in terms of improvement (many have viewed other clubs forums now) things that need to go etc etc.

Borobaz made a good suggestion about having a section for members to promote their areas of expertise that would be of benefit for other forum members and at a discount.

I know that we have already been approached by someone who does a lot of videos for Man Utd fans match day experiences and would like to be involved with oneBoro fans match day videos (we did try bat sadly did not pay off).

Any way as said all thoughts comments ideas are most welcome in order that we do become a Premier League fans Forum :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I know this might sound insignificant and minor but when I've been reading back through match threads I'd prefer it if the top corner of each post had specific time stamps i.e. "Today 16:34" as opposed to "2/3/4 hours ago" as it would make it easier to follow through the events of the match chronologically speaking.

I actually quite like it the way it is. It's nice and simple, it feels like a forum because there's a lot of focus on the content and what people want to say.

I'm not sure right now but any way that point can be driven and emphasised more would be great. A forum is only as good as its community and their content. It doesn't need to look fancy, it just needs to have the tools for each member to get their POV across.

I'd delete the football forum section. It barely gets used and most stuff is covered in non boro thread.

There are three stickies for new members. No one going to read that and it clutters the top of the forum. I'm sure a single thread would work.

I like the site on mobile it works well.

Could you integrate social media buttons. I've seen that on some other forums where you can tweet a post.

Fix the fact the "rate" button on posts doesn't work :D

Lol get your drift, your now not taking yourself to serious.

I genuinely don't even know what you mean by this one.

What's your fascination with me by the way? Do you want a signed picture? A cuddle? Shall I come over for a beer?

Do you scan threads looking for posts of mine to target?

Not really a problem how it currently is but you could change the "oneBoro Games" forum to "oneBoro Entertainment", within which are subforums for the Prediction League, Video Games, Fantasy Football, Movie/TV, and Music.

As I say it's not a real issue it'd just clear some of the stickies off the front page.

Having a subforum for movies and TV would be good as sometimes I don't like to fully post my thoughts on something I've watched in case other people haven't seen it yet, so I try to be cryptic or vague. With a forum you could start a new thread with the word SPOILERS in the title and discuss it fully with other people who've seen it. Especially when it comes to Yank TV shows as some people watch them when they come on British TV and are a bit behind.

Or have some kind of 'spoiler' button in posts where you could hide spoilers from view and someone physically clicked on it to show what was hidden, if that's possible?

Im no expert with these forum things but is there an easier way that you can get the videos/pictures uploaded onto the forum. For some reason when i try to attach a video or image with the coding it doesnt work.

How exactly do you mean 'doesn't work'?

If you go in UCP, click edit options, switch to full site at the bottom of the page (If using mobile site), then under the heading 'thread view options' there should be tick boxes for 'display images in post' and 'display videos in post'. They will need to be ticked for the codes to work properly.

Im no expert with these forum things but is there an easier way that you can get the videos/pictures uploaded onto the forum. For some reason when i try to attach a video or image with the coding it doesnt work.

How exactly do you mean 'doesn't work'?

If you go in UCP, click edit options, switch to full site at the bottom of the page (If using mobile site), then under the heading 'thread view options' there should be tick boxes for 'display images in post' and 'display videos in post'. They will need to be ticked for the codes to work properly.

Thats probably why i havent changed from mobile version. Just when i typed the code in it used to just post the code with the website rather than the image or video i was posting. Cheers.