oneBoro Forum

Relegation Rivals

A place to discuss anything related to our relegation rivals. Burnley, Hull, Sunderland, Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford, West Brom and Crystal Palace are looking by far the most likely to be in the relegation mix.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnley look like they're "doing a Burnley" by building their promotion winning side of the 2017/18 season with the signings of Gudmundsson and Pope from Charlton. They still need to replace Barton in midfield too who left them to go injure some Scottish footballers instead for a change. Maybe a pit bull on a free from a local Burnley kennels will fit Dyche's budget to replace Barton in midfield?. They're a horrible club.

Hull have long term injuries to key players like McGregor, Odubajo and Dawson so they're going to be in a mess at the start of the season. They have a bit of their owner being really ill and the added instability from Bruce being interviewed by the FA for the England managers job but it looks like that poisoned chalice will go to Allardyce. The seem poorly prepared for promotion, especially with Bruce only deciding to keep there a few weeks ago.

Sunderland are in chaos with Allardyce looking destined to get the England managers job. They have had their transfer activity disrupted by them being in limbo the past few weeks due to that process. If he leaves then they'll resort back to their first half of the season flounder.

Swansea are a far more stable club and have a good balance in their squad so don't need a major overhaul this window. If they get a longterm injury to the likes of Sigurdsson or Ayew then they'll really struggle.

Think Moyes would be a good shout for them to be honest. He won't have much time to have his full impact on them for the start of the season, which is good for us! But think he would be their best bet of staying up. Always liked the bloke :)

Git a gut feeling about Southampton to be included maybe Stoke as well ?

What odds Leicester ?

Southampton will struggle relative to previous seasons but I think they'll be fine.

Leicester getting relegated would be absolutely hilarious though.

Git a gut feeling about Southampton to be included maybe Stoke as well ?

What odds Leicester ?

Southampton will struggle relative to previous seasons but I think they'll be fine.

Leicester getting relegated would be absolutely hilarious though.

I hope Leicester don't get relegated!!! Got a real soft spot for them now ;)

Hull in all sorts of trouble, not a signing made and they only have 13 fit first team players apparently, news today is Dawson is out for 3 months. Can see them doing a villa next year

Yeah I think Hull are in real trouble. Odubajo out for half the season a big loss, as well as Dawson. Thin squad. Must be favourites for relegation in my eyes.

Burnley you expect would join them. Hope they do.

After that, you've got Sunderland, West Brom, Bournemouth, and Watford and us of course. Sunderland all depends on how Moyes settles in. Bournemouth would be my next favourite to go down. Second season syndrome, and loss of a couple of players.

A few sources reporting Moyes as the likely replacement for Allardyce at Sunderland - though I think if he wasn't at Derby already, Nigel Pearson might have been a better fit from the off.

Allardyce looks like he has got the England job. Sunderland couldn't have had a much worse Summer so far.

By the time they get Moyes in and he brings in his own backroom staff and signings the season is going to be well under way, puts them at a huge disadvantage to the rest of the league already.

Looked like the club was finally going to have a few years of stability, more upheaval will most probably finally relegate them, shame :D