oneBoro Forum

25 man squad

Who do you think will make the 25 man squad? I'll have a go first...

Goalkeeper's: Valdes, Dimi, Mejias

Defenders: Barragan, Nsue, Ayala*, Gibson, Espinosa, Baptiste*, Friend, LB cover

Midfielders: Clayton, De Roon, De Sart, Forshaw, Leadbitter*, Adomah, Stuani, Ramirez, Fischer, Downing, Reach*

Strikers: Rhodes, Negredo, Nugent*

Those marked with an * I'm uncertain on at the moment. I think Baptiste, Nugent and Reach will be replaced with new signings. So will Ayala if question marks remain over his future.

It's rumoured that Leadbitter's injury is worse than first feared, at the moment I think and I hope he will be named in the final 25 but wouldn't shock me if we do see another CM/CB utility player take his place.

GKs: Valdes, Dimi, Meijas

DFs: Ayala, Gibson, Espinosa, Maguire, Barragan, Nsue, Friend

MFs: Clayton, De Roon, De Sart, Forshaw, Leadbitter, Adomah, Fischer, Ramirez, Downing, Reach, De Pena

FWs: Negredo, Rhodes, Stuani, Nugent

MFs: Clayton, De Roon, De Sart, Forshaw, Leadbitter, Adomah, Fischer, Ramirez, Downing, Reach, De Pena

I don't think there are 2 fit CBs in that squad are there? Ayala, Espinosa and Maguire all might not be fit for Stoke.

I doubt leadbitter will be in it If we sign a couple more then maybe de Pena. De start. Reach or possibly nugent will be sacrificed depending on the positions we buy

I doubt leadbitter will be in it   If we sign a couple more then maybe de Pena. De start. Reach or possibly nugent will be sacrificed depending on the positions we buy

I would put money on De Sart being in the 25, I'd be very shocked if he went anywhere.

I don't think there are 2 fit CBs in that squad are there? Ayala, Espinosa and Maguire all might not be fit for Stoke.

Aye but Fry will likely be the cover for those lot if needs be. He's an U21 and as such won't need to be registered. I struggle to see Baptiste making the squad unless we are looking to involve Nsue as more of a midfielder again.

I doubt leadbitter will be in it   If we sign a couple more then maybe de Pena. De start. Reach or possibly nugent will be sacrificed depending on the positions we buy

I would put money on De Sart being in the 25, I'd be very shocked if he went anywhere.

I'll eat my hat if De Sart is left out of our squad. Massive talent.

I'll eat my hat if De Sart is left out of our squad. Massive talent.

Had the best pre season of everyone, huge talent

I think the Gazette suggested Reach might be LB cover - might be an option.

I think Fry, De Pena will be loaned out. Also, youngsters like Chapman etc

Nugent will only go if we have a replacement striker - I think Stuani might be moved on to Spain or somewhere.

I think the Gazette suggested Reach might be LB cover - might be an option.

I think Fry, De Pena will be loaned out. Also, youngsters like Chapman etc

Nugent will only go if we have a replacement striker - I think Stuani might be moved on to Spain or somewhere.

Re: Stuani and even De Pena - I don't think we can afford to let any wingers go unless we bring in someone (which I sincerely hope we do).

I'd be happy to ship Stuani out if Karanka continues with him out wide.

That's where he'll continue to play next season in my opinion, AK clearly feels that's his best position.

That's where he'll continue to play next season in my opinion, AK clearly feels that's his best position.

Or likes the player enough in his side he's willing to accept a square-peg in round-hole scenario.

I don't think Stuani will be considered a starter in any position next season. Happy to have him around as a squad player though.

anyone else got a little niggling worry that AK maybe might be  ulrta sensitive about admitting he  may have got it wrong with some of his  spanish speaking signings (Mejijas , De Pena. Kike2, and possibly Stuani)  that hes being slightly generous towards them regarding  keeping them around the first team squad....with the exception of Kike Sola which was a strange signing full stop.