oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham (A) (EFL Cup Round 2) 1-2 aet

200px-Middlesbrough_FC_crest.svg.pngcrest-2001.jpg

ENGLISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE ROUND TWO

WEDNESDAY 24TH KICK OFF 19:45

CRAVEN COTTAGE

After winning the 'it's not a derby' derby match Middlesbrough travel to London for the Fernando Amorebieta Memorial Cup.

[align=left]

Odds:

To Win the Cup: Middlesbrough 66/1 (Bet 365 + 3 others). Fulham 200/1 (Stan James)

To Reach the Final: Middlesbrough 33/1(UNIBET).  Fulham 75/1 (UNIBET)

Match Result:

Middlesbrough 7/5

Draw 5/2

Fulham 9/4

[/align]

The Opposition

Despite selling McContract and Dembele Fulham some how find themselves 5th in the Championship having beat Newcastle on the opening day of the season (YAY). As a club they have been spiraling out of control but with Shahid Khan (of Jackson Jaguars fame) in charge they seem to be slowly turning the club around.

The appointment of Slavisa Jokanovic is something of a coup for the club. Jokanovic was one of five managers that guided Watford to the Premier League.

How To Watch

If you're not at Craven Cottage then you are unlikely to get a stream for this game. Radio coverage will once again be provided by BBC Radio Tess on 95fm and Freeview 722. 

Talksport are also covering the match.

Skysports will probably have the goals as they go in.

Last Five Meetings

1. 27/02/2016 Fulham 0 Middlesbrough 2

2. 17/10/2015 Middlesbrough 0 Fulham 0

3. 25/04/2015 Fulham 4 Middlesbrough 3

4. 21/10/2014 Middlesbrough 2 Fulham 0

5. tbc

[align=left]

DYK: James Husband has played more games for Fulham than Boro

[/align]

Talking Points

1. Does the EFL Cup matter this season (and why does the new name sound racist)? 

Will staying in the cup help or hinder our survival bid?

2. Three into One Doesn't go

[align=left]     Fischer, De Pena and Reach will all be looking for a run out against Fulham but all three

can't play. Who starts? Who is benched and what does it mean for the other?[/align]

3. How many changed will Karanka make?

4. Will we start 442?

5. What does it mean for Jordan Rhodes if he's not invovled? Does being cup tied even matter     anymore?

6. Is it fair that Fulham can play a Timelord upfront?

7. Did a 5 year old draw Fulhams badge?

Starting Line Up?

Dimi, Fabio, Gibson, Ayala, Nsue, Clayton, De Saart, Fischer, Downing, Adomah, Nugent

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Dimi

nsue

Ayala

Espinosa

Fabio

De Sart

Forshaw

Fischer

Stuani

Adomah

Rhodes

I think we'll go two up top. Maybe Nugent in for Stuani.

Fryer; Halliday, Espinosa, Jackson, McGinley, Morris, Morelli, Tinkler, Jakupovic, Cooke, Mondal.

That is the starting line-up. There is only Espinosa who I thought might have been involved in some way.

I personally wouldn't start Ayala unless he has no plans to start him against West Brom, 2 games in quick succession might over do him, I'd start Fry with a view of giving him another half hour then start him at West Brom.

Dimi

Baptiste

Fry

Espinosa or Ayala

Fabio

De Sart

Forshaw - plays well in the next few games and de Roon and Leadbitter may have difficulty getting back into the starting line up.

Fischer

Stuani - worth letting him play a central role just behind Rhodes

Adomah - needs to show improvement on yesterdays performance

Rhodes - deserves to start

If Espinosa is playing in the u23s Monday, I reckon it's worth testing Ayala's fitness in a cup game and having Jackson, McGhee and Nsue on the bench for the defence along with Reach, Nugent and Guzan.

Might as well rest Negredo, Ramirez, Clayton, Downing, Gibson, Friend. They all seem to be first choice starters for the PL and will be in action on Sunday against West Brom.

Fry and Espinosa were both at Blackburn tonight. I'd put money on it being Baptiste and Ayala at CB on Wednesday. I'd also like to try Fischer in the number 10 role for a full game.

Contrary to opinon, Karanka has never been one to make wholesale changes for cup games. I'd be very surprised if there are 11 changes from Sunday. Guzan, Clayton, Gibson and Barragan will all keep their places, I reckon.

-------------------Guzan--------------

Nsue---Barragan*---Gibbo---Fabio

---------Clayton------DeSart---------

Adomah------Gaston------Fisher

-----------------Rhodes-----------

*Ayala to come on 2nd half

Still a strong team whilst getting valuable minutes for Fabio/Ayala/Fisher/Rhodes

Maybe a confidence boost for Guzan & Albert