oneBoro Forum

Dimi

after watching MotD2 I am left wondering why Dimi isn't starting in goal, Guzan keeps dropping the ball, we need Dimi's safe hands as the last line of defense, why has he gone from No. 1 to No. 3? :huh:

Dimi also parries the ball back into play instead of clearing it or grabbing hold of it like Guzan did yesterday. As Humpty said in his summary on the other thread, they're both even in terms of quality. Valdes will be our first choice GK for the season.

I fully expect Dimi to be in against Fulham and if he does well (and Valdes isn't fit yet) I think he'll be in next week too. Guzan's one good save doesn't acquit him from the spills and general nerviness he showed yesterday IMO. Karanka runs a meritocracy, and Dimi will need to take his chance this week.

I like Dimi, don't get me wrong, but he was definitely guilty of parrying a few shots back into the box last year. There is no absolute guarantee that he wouldn't have done the same. We'd be much better off getting behind Brad, he was perfectly fine until the mistake, his reaction worried me though. His confidence is absolutely fragile. He needs a couple of solid games with a few good saves and no nervy moments. I trust that Leo can improve him, hell he improved Dimi.

Tbf it's the sort of mistake dimi would have made too, plus there is no chance he would have got down to that shot in time that guzan saved.

Can see him getting a game on Wednesday though

Guzan is no worse than Dimi. As others have said, the mistakes he made were also made multiple times by Dimi last season, but luckily in the Championship strikers aren't as quick to pounce on them so Dimi got away with it a few times. That being said I am not confident in Guzan's ability at all, so I'm praying Valdes stays fit.

Tbf it's the sort of mistake dimi would have made too, plus there is no chance he would have got down to that shot in time that guzan saved.

Can see him getting a game on Wednesday though

Its just your opinion Dimi wouldn't have got down to the shot Guzan saved, we'll never know will we.