oneBoro Forum

Predictions League

Please accept our apologies for the current state of the PL, like others I really enjoy this part of the Forum and it's been a big miss without it recently.

As you appreciate we have had issues recently and subsequently have lost the skill set we once had, Bugs had added a lot of automation into the PL process.

Curently we have approached a member who expressed an interest to take over and run the PL and as we speak are awaiting his reply, please can I ask that you give us a little longer to see if this person accepts the challenge and then hopefully we will be back up and running very quickly.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding, we should have kept you all more up to speed.

We will do everything possible to ensure the PL regains it's former status.

This post is also in the PL sub forum but wanted to post here to capture the wider audience.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update, I do think part of the problem is that it is in a sub-forum. I appreciate that organisation is an issue and to some extent, we as users have to adapt to that. But that depends on the general viewing figures of those sub-forums vs. the main sub-forum. I might be alone in thinking this but I don't feel attracted to those sub-forums and would probably prefer if there were some easy way for this sub-forum to remain notified about the Predictions League and any other forum games. Even if, for now, it was just a pinned thread at the top of this sub-forum that only mods could post in, and just to post a reminder in there every time players need to submit their PL results and when the results of the weekend get put up.

I'm sure it was probably mine, Brunners' or DZ's fault.

Do you and Brunners send each other alerts once you've posted?

It's odd but your posts always seem to follow each other. Maybe it's because barely anyone else posts on the forum these days.

Just an observation, don't you find it weird too?

It takes a bit of time to log out of the Brunners account and log in to the Will account... (THIS IS A JOKE)

No I don't find it weird, one post always has to come after another.

I'm sure it was probably mine, Brunners' or DZ's fault.

Do you and Brunners send each other alerts once you've posted?

It's odd but your posts always seem to follow each other. Maybe it's because barely anyone else posts on the forum these days.

Just an observation, don't you find it weird too?

Not a weird thing to happen when the forum is this quiet and me and will are two active posters.

But in all seriousness take off the tin foil hat Billy, you think we post after each other all the time because you look for it. Confirmation bias and all that.

Did you learn what confirmation bias means in the last few weeks or something? You've used it a lot recently...

Thanks for the update, I do think part of the problem is that it is in a sub-forum. I appreciate that organisation is an issue and to some extent, we as users have to adapt to that. But that depends on the general viewing figures of those sub-forums vs. the main sub-forum. I might be alone in thinking this but I don't feel attracted to those sub-forums and would probably prefer if there were some easy way for this sub-forum to remain notified about the Predictions League and any other forum games. Even if, for now, it was just a pinned thread at the top of this sub-forum that only mods could post in, and just to post a reminder in there every time players need to submit their PL results and when the results of the weekend get put up.

I agree, the main forum is bookmarked on my phone and PC, so I go straight to it and bypass all sub-forums. I miss the chattybox thread, that's died a death as someone predicted, due to it being moved. Can we ditch the sub forums and put everything on the one board please?

But in all seriousness take off the tin foil hat Billy, you think we post after each other all the time because you look for it. Confirmation bias and all that.

Did you learn what confirmation bias means in the last few weeks or something? You've used it a lot recently...

You know what I'm going to say that is, right?

I don't think I've used it any more than usual, but you clearly know my posting habits better than I do.