oneBoro Forum

Boro V West Ham (A) 1-1

BORO V West Ham

Saturday 1st October

1500hrs

London Stadium

Coming of the back of three straight defeats Boro now face a team on a worse run than them. You could say we faced two of the in form teams, seeing as when they beat us they climbed to second in the league. However the team and more so the manager need to show that we can compete in this league. Some of our championship warriors Friend, Clayton have come upshort on a few occasions now and Karanka has to show he has a Plan B. And I mean a proper Plan B and not just Plan A but with diferent personel in those positions

West Ham are in a bit of turmoil and we need to capatiliaze of this and beat them and definately nort be the team that they can 'Turn their season around' with.

(Please choose one of the options below and continue)

Bedwetters Account

Totally outclassed, out thought and out worked the visiting team completed their afternoons work by half time. Devoid of ideas we were found wanting at the left back (Again) and hesitation from midfield cost us a second goal. Spurs took their foot off the gas in the second half and controlled the game to see out a comfortable win. Even though we clawed a goal back from way of a set piece (and possible foul) we rarely looked like equalising. The introduction of Traore reminded me of a BRIMSTOME missile, but when the guidance system is dis engaged. Loads of effort but rarely ending up in the right place. But we move on.

Rose Tinted Account

Due to one lapse of concentration and a brilliant solo goal of the week contender Boro found themselves 2-0 at half time. However with a loud roar heard from the dressing room the same eleven but very different team emerged for the second half. Boro huffed and puffed getting themselves into the game. With the introduction of Traore, Spurs were pushed further and further back due to the fear of his fresh legs and blistering pace. This resulted in a corner where Ben Gibson rose like a salmon to head a goal back getting Boro well and truly into the game. With chances falling to Jordan Rhodes we looked like the more likely to score unfortunately time was our enemy and the game ended before we could’ve equalised. But we move on.

Team I’d like to see

-----------------Valdes--------------

Barragan—Ayala—Gibbo—Friend*

-------De Roon -------Clayton--------

Stuani----- ---Gaston------Downing

----------------Negrado--------------

*Due to a lack of other option

The opposition

West Ham are in a right slump themselves. Beating Bournemouth at home but losing all their other games in the league and needing a last minute piece of brilliance from Dmitri Payet to limp past Accrington Stanley in the cup. They have pretty much used up all their excuses for their form, New Stadium doesn’t feel right, to many new players, to many injuries blah blah blah. They will almost certainly see this as a must win game.

I don’t think we need to score in the first half but if we can go in 0-0 at half time the crowd will start getting on their case. This might hand us the advantage in the second half as nerves set into West Hams mind

A View from the other side

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165704

What the bookies say

Boro Win             5/2

Draw                     12/5

West Ham Win 21/20

Uwe's Red Hot Tip.... over 2.5 goals Evens

Anyway Guys and Gals its over to you!!!!!!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice post, agree with your formation and think this is a game that if we are serious about staying up need to get something from:l. West Ham are awful at the moment and getting slapped around by Watford and West Brom is evidence of this.

All being said unless we get a bit more creative and risky up top I can't see past a hammers win as I think they will score

2-1 heart

1-3 head

Team i'd like to see:

Valdes

Barragan***Ayala***Gibson***A Lame Horse

Clayton***De Roon*** Downing

Ramirez

Rhodes***Negredo

Now that's interesting. I dunno if it's formatting on my phone but it is a narrow 4312 you're going for here right?

Downing CM? been wondering that myself recently...

Valdes

Barragan Ayala Gibson Friend

DeRoon Downing

Traore Ramirez Fischer

Negrado

Got to find a formula utilising the players we have in the system Karanka plays that will be alittle more creative than what we've seen and I think a DeRoon and Downing partnership in that 2 could be the answer

how close is Espinosa to full fitness.   would be interesting to see if he can slot in when needed. 

Contrary to what weve been led to believe , Chambers maybe better fighting it out with Barragan  for the right back role ,  i just cant make up my mind who id rather see in goal (bar Mejijas)  , 

if we have to grin and bear the trusted formation , even though its not firing properly at the moment id go 

Valdes

Barragan,,Ayala..Gibson,, Friend

De Roon..Clayton..

Traore..Ramirez..Downing

Negrado

7 or 8 of those need to improve though from recent showings.

alternate though highly doubtful line up 

Dimi

Chambers..Ayala..Gibson.. Fabio

De Roon

Traore..(Stuani/Fischer or Forshaw)..Ramirez..Downing

Negrado

At this point I'd disagree with CT that although he occupies that position his role clearly isn't that of a right winger, it is more of an inside forward.

Apparently that ***es people off though so I simply agree with everything everyone has posted ever.

At this point I'd disagree with CT that although he occupies that position his role clearly isn't that of a right winger, it is more of an inside forward.

Apparently that ***es people off though so I simply agree with everything everyone has posted ever.

I agree with Will.

Look at the heatmaps or just use the evidence of your own eyes. He plays as a RW, in fact he almost plays as genuine RM at times. He doesn't play in the same way as a right sided forward would do although I agree that's where his skill set lies. That could be a failing of our system rather than him to be fair.

I thought you weren't a fan of heat maps? When Wilson brought it up in the past to prove that a player played a different role to the one you claimed you told him to just watch him at matches (IIRC). For example, in terms of average position Downing was our most forward thinking player against Spurs, in reality there is no way he actually was.