oneBoro Forum

9 game review

Just having a quick review of the games so far:-

stoke home 1-1, should have won it by half time, faded badly second half conceded from their only shot on target. 2 points dropped.

sunderland away 2-1, won the game and deserved the 3 points.

west brom away 0-0, under a bit of early pressure thanks to nsue having a hard time again when defending. weathered that but never kicked on at all. just seemed content with a draw. in a game we were more than capable of winning if we showed the ambition. 

palace home 1-2, defensive blunder cost us at least a point, one point dropped.

everton away 1-3, took the lead and then froze. deservedly well beaten. poor defending and toothless going forward. the lion afraid to show its teeth again. 

spurs home 1-2, the boro lion had its tail between its legs by half time, lucky to be only 2-0 down. much improved second half although spurs same as everton took foot of the gas when they realised we had nothing to trouble them.

west ham away 1-1, wonder goal from payet spoiled a good away performance. we should have won really but better than previous weeks. 2 points dropped.

watford home 0-1 another game when we conceded from a great goal without otherwise being in trouble. looked like our heads dropped after conceding, AK with terrible subs ruined any chance on a come back. definitely a dropped point.

***nal away 0-0, best team performance of the season, should have won. 2 points dropped.

That's my brief assessment, i have us dropping 8 points we should have really got. that pretty awful really. keep throwing points away and we'll be in serious trouble. on the bright side i think we are capable of cutting out the errors and getting the fight back in us like vs gunners. we can win games and get the points we need if we all pull together.

stoke home 1-1 - 2 points dropped

sunderland away 2-1 - 2 bonus points

west brom away 0-0

palace home 1-2 - 3 points dropped

everton away 1-3

spurs home 1-2 - 1 point dropped

west ham away 1-1

watford home 0-1 3 points dropped

***nal away 0-0 - 1 point gained

6 points dropped approximately. Feels a lot worse than that.

Can just about accept all our results aside from Watford and Palace. Still annoyed about both.

Ditto. 6 points dropped there for me, 1 gained at ***nal, the rest are par for the course.

Can just about accept all our results aside from Watford and Palace. Still annoyed about both.

Yup. Agree with that. Really shouldn't have lost either of those two games at home.

Yup. Agree with that. Really shouldn't have lost either of those two games at home.

Really couldn't care less about individual results as long as we manage to stay up.

We've dropped 20 points in 9 games, as we only have 7 points.

Over a 38 game season that equates to 29.55, let's call that 30 and we're relegated.

We definitely need to improve in all areas if we are to stay up.

Maybe I'm an eternal optimist but for me were now playing a totally different game against players who some of which are the best in the world, we need quickly to adapt to a different way of playing to get results, the best defence in the league last year has been found lacking so in my opinion we shouldn't rely on just keeping clean sheets and sneeking a 1-0, we need to be expansive, the Watford game just goes to prove after dominating possession it just takes one wonder strike to inflict a defeat, I think Karanka is shrewd enough now to realise that we ain't going to keep clean sheets so we now have to score more goals, at least I hope he does

Gibson class, Traore fast, Forshaw sound, Ramirez on the ground, Valdes shaky, de Roon fakey, Downing neat, Fischer taking a seat, Barragan up and down, Ayala losing his crown, Guzan why?, Rhodes goodbye?, Clayton ropey, Nsue dopey, Friend trying, terrible buying, fans sighing, Gibson lying?, Karanka bad calls, attacking shortfalls, are we good enough?, is the league too tough? too many mistakes, FFS!, results alarm me, and as always Stuani is Stuani.

Gibson class, Traore fast, Forshaw sound, Ramirez on the ground, Valdes shaky, de Roon fakey, Downing neat, Fischer taking a seat, Barragan up and down, Ayala losing his crown, Guzan why?, Rhodes goodbye?, Clayton ropey, Nsue dopey, Friend trying, terrible buying, fans sighing, Gibson lying?, Karanka bad calls, attacking shortfalls, are we good enough?, is the league too tough? too many mistakes, FFS!, results alarm me, and as always Stuani is Stuani.

Cant argue with a limerick that doubles up as a pretty decent summary of the season so far, whats the gibson lying in reference to though?

Saying that we'd have a go this season during the summer or words to that effect. I did question mark it so as not to be too controversial.