oneBoro Forum

Raising funds for forum

Ok, we have now been informed of the running costs of this forum. Is there no way we can help raise these costs on a regular basis.  How about a separate weekly prediction where each person who WANTS to enter pays 2/3 pound per prediction where 50% goes to the winner and 50% goes to the forum? Hopefully this would raise the £100 ish a month to cover the costs.  I will happily run it I will post 20 fixtures per week a mixture of all English and Scottish leagues and all you do in the same format is H,A,D. The winner is the one with the most correct I will post a completely separate thread each week with the results and the winner.  I will happily take the 2 pounds in paypal or any other way recommended and forward it on to whoever needs it to help this forum work I will also pay the winner by paypal each week

? I reckon we need about 20 participants per fixture to make this work?

Is this a possibility or would this not work? any feedback will be gratefully received?

£2 or £3 a week

20 games

50% to winner 50% to forum

a bit of fun?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Fair play to RAF smog he would be taking on a huge amount of work. (Obviously SNCO or above in the RAF with not a lot on ;)) but I like this idea too

Fair play to RAF smog he would be taking on a huge amount of work. (Obviously SNCO or above in the RAF with not a lot on ;)) but I like this idea too

Yeah not a bad guess to be honest. If I can get a commitment from 15 people I will get the ball rolling. I think thats a minimum amount to make it worthwhile. All those who will commit please comment with a recommended weekly price to enter? We will do it on a voting system

I'm in!!! There's 1.

£2 a pop should keep it simple and allow everyone to be included as any more than that could exclude some peeps

Brilliant idea!

Something that should be considered is what happens if a member joins this fund, contributed regularly and then in the weekly melt down says something ban worthy? My opinion is still ban if deserved but should be borne in mind

Brilliant idea!

Something that should be considered is what happens if a member joins this fund, contributed regularly and then in the weekly melt down says something ban worthy? My opinion is still ban if deserved but should be borne in mind

Are you suggesting some sort of cash for privileges arrangement? Are you a Tory? :)

Brilliant idea!

If someone gets him or herself a ban after paying the weekly 2 quid well then that member is still in on that pot but can't really contribute to another pot until the ban is up. PMs are still available but posting privileges will be removed.