oneBoro Forum

Boro v Manchester City - FA Cup Quarter Final Saturday 11th March

The draw for the FA Cup Quarter Final will take place tomorrow night (Sunday 19th) at around 18:30 after the Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United game

The draw will be live BT Sport 2, BBC Radio 5live and FATV YouTube channel the draw will not be shown on BBC One or BBC Two

Numbers

1 Lincoln City

2 Tottenham Hotspur

3 Manchester United

4 Sutton United or ***nal

5 Middlesbrough

6 Chelsea

7 Huddersfield Town or Manchester City

8 Millwall

Draw

Chelsea v Manchester United

Middlesbrough v Huddersfield/Manchester City

Tottenham v Millwall

Sutton/***nal v Lincoln

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Lincoln or Millwall please. I'd rather it be at home but if it was a choice between getting one of those two and being at home, I'll happily be away from home.

Playing Lincoln or Millwall would be just as difficult as playing against one of the big boys. It looks straightforward on paper but just look at what happened yesterday vs Oxford. Bring it on whoever it is.

The BBC and BT Sport share coverage so I expect we'll end up with all four games on TV.

As for who I want? Well a home tie again would be nice. We're getting to the point where avoiding the top teams is hard.

I'd take Millwall at home. I want Lincoln to get ***nal, Man United or Chelsea away. They deserve the money.

Playing Lincoln or Millwall would be just as difficult as playing against one of the big boys. It looks straightforward on paper but just look at what happened yesterday vs Oxford. Bring it on whoever it is.

No it wouldn't.

The BBC and BT Sport share coverage so I expect we'll end up with all four games on TV.

As for who I want? Well a home tie again would be nice. We're getting to the point where avoiding the top teams is hard.

I'd take Millwall at home. I want Lincoln to get ***nal, Man United or Chelsea away. They deserve the money.

I totally agree about Lincoln well said.

No it wouldn't.

Indeed, what a strange thing to say. Mentioned yesterday, both Lincoln and Oxford showed real heart but in all honesty, didn't have a great deal of quality. It was a great scalp for Lincoln and they deserved it for the work they put in, as well as having to deal with Barton, but Burnley were the better side and for the most part, so were we.

Something Ranieri said yesterday was true:

When a team from League One beats the champions we say why and have to react as soon as possible. We are better than Millwall, but Millwall deserved to win.

That's it at the end of the day. We are better than Oxford, Burnley are better than Lincoln, Leicester are better than Millwall. When either of us lose against those respective teams, we would have to ask why.

Strangely enough, despite it being Ranieri who made that statement, I thought in his case it was the most obvious reason as to why they failed out of Leicester and Burnley.

They played a team of players that didn't really make sense, they had some players out of position, they had Okazaki up front as a lone striker... some bizarre team selection for an FA Cup 5th Round game. They really are pinning all their hopes on the Champions League and, having been so long since they last played in that competition, it's going to be very interesting to see how they do against Sevilla.

No it wouldn't.

Yeah... it really wouldn't KM!

IF we fielded our strongest team AND played well, we'd beat Millwall and Lincoln 9 times out of 10.

If we played any of Chelsea, Spurs, ***nal, United or City, and they fielded their strongest teams AND played well.... they'd beat us more often than not.

No it wouldn't.

Indeed, what a strange thing to say. Mentioned yesterday, both Lincoln and Oxford showed real heart but in all honesty, didn't have a great deal of quality. It was a great scalp for Lincoln and they deserved it for the work they put in, as well as having to deal with Barton, but Burnley were the better side and for the most part, so were we.

Something Ranieri said yesterday was true:

When a team from League One beats the champions we say why and have to react as soon as possible. We are better than Millwall, but Millwall deserved to win.

That's it at the end of the day. We are better than Oxford, Burnley are better than Lincoln, Leicester are better than Millwall. When either of us lose against those respective teams, we would have to ask why.

Strangely enough, despite it being Ranieri who made that statement, I thought in his case it was the most obvious reason as to why they failed out of Leicester and Burnley.

They played a team of players that didn't really make sense, they had some players out of position, they had Okazaki up front as a lone striker... some bizarre team selection for an FA Cup 5th Round game. They really are pinning all their hopes on the Champions League and, having been so long since they last played in that competition, it's going to be very interesting to see how they do against Sevilla.

I didn't watch the Burnley game so I can't personally comment on it, however you are one of the only people who I've seen saying that Burnley played well.