oneBoro Forum

Help a swede - Man Utd Tickets

Going to the UK in the middle of March with my family to watch the mighty Boro against Man Utd. Hoping to watch my favourite team against Man Utd with the greatest swedish player of all time, Zlatan.

The trip is sorted and booked, flight tickets, hotels, train tickets to Middlesbrough from London. Now it´s just the match tickets missing. And I´m beginning to grow a little nervous since the tickets have not been released yet.

Since I´m not a season ticket holder I guess I won´t be able to purchase tickets through MFC until they go on general sale. That´s correct yes?

If they sell out before that, does anyone have any good ideas on how you purchase tickets the easiest way without them becoming super expensive?

It would be quite disappointing missing out on the game with everything else sorted..

Just keep checking on the official website for when they are realeased. It won't sell out straight away although demand will be extremely high with the amount of Man Utd fans who live on Teesside.

Just keep checking on the official website for when they are realeased. It won't sell out straight away although demand will be extremely high with the amount of Man Utd fans who live on Teesside.

OK, thanks. But they are only released for ST holders first right?

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but as it is a home game I don't think season ticket holders get priority tickets.

Going to the UK in the middle of March with my family to watch the mighty Boro against Man Utd. Hoping to watch my favourite team against Man Utd with the greatest swedish player of all time, Zlatan.

The trip is sorted and booked, flight tickets, hotels, train tickets to Middlesbrough from London. Now it´s just the match tickets missing. And I´m beginning to grow a little nervous since the tickets have not been released yet.

Since I´m not a season ticket holder I guess I won´t be able to purchase tickets through MFC until they go on general sale. That´s correct yes?

If they sell out before that, does anyone have any good ideas on how you purchase tickets the easiest way without them becoming super expensive?

It would be quite disappointing missing out on the game with everything else sorted..

Have you registered/booked tickets before?

Only that:

"The Ticket Office have placed a booking embargo on newly-registered clients without a purchasing history for Category A fixtures at the Riverside Stadium".

http://www.mfc.co.uk/tickets/tickets-travel/index.aspx#YF0opMUlrvefiF1B.99

Email the club and make sure they have no issue with you buying tickets from overseas first.

I´ve done that before, so I hope there is no problem. Not this season though.

I will check with them. However I emailed them some weeks ago asking about the Man Utd fixture, and did not get a reply for several weeks. When I sent the question a third time they finally replied.

The information I got was that you could not purchase category A tickets directly unless you had bought earlier this season. But when the Liverpool home tickets ( also category A ) was released I could login and select seats, so I guess I was able to purchase tickets that time.

Does anyone know why the Man Utd tickets have not been released yet? They usually become available 5-6 weeks before each game right?

Email the club and make sure they have no issue with you buying tickets from overseas first.

The information I got was that you could not purchase category A tickets directly unless you had bought earlier this season. But when the Liverpool home tickets ( also category A ) was released I could login and select seats, so I guess I was able to purchase tickets that time.

This was my fear. I've not had this problem myself because i've purchased tickets previously. If you haven't i'd guess the club would do a check rather than it stop you through the ticketmaster website.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but as it is a home game I don't think season ticket holders get priority tickets.

ST holders can buy a maximum of 1 ticket for each home league game before they go on GS

This was my fear. I've not had this problem myself because i've purchased tickets previously. If you haven't i'd guess the club would do a check rather than it stop you through the ticketmaster website.

Yes, I´m currently waiting an answer from the club.

BTW thanks for all the answers. Let´s see how it comes along, might come back for more tips if I miss out on the official tickets from MFC.

Yes, I´m currently waiting an answer from the club.

BTW thanks for all the answers. Let´s see how it comes along, might come back for more tips if I miss out on the official tickets from MFC.

If you had a ticket account already set up, prior to this season, then I think you'll be fine.

(Which I think you said you did have).

• 2 weeks later...