oneBoro Forum

QPR after Hines

The latest player to be linked with a move away from the club is Seb Hines. Neil Warnock has already said he is hoping for 5 signings before the window closes with Fernandes money and looks like Hines could be one of them. You may remember they recently let Kaspars Gorkss join Reading (good player), could this be to make way for Seb Hines?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7123864,00.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

That is what I was thinking... Hines is behind Bates and McManus in the pecking order and if losing him mean't Bates stays put, would that not be a positive?

Would leave us short for cover though with Grounds at Chesterfield...

Would leave us slightly short on cover but as mentioned if his going means Bates staying I'd take it any day for the right price.

What do people think he's valued at? I'd say £750k sounds reasonable?

I'd be surprised if we didn't get at least £1m to be honest. We'd struggle to replace him for less especially as he's probably on fairly low wages. Who knows, QPR have loads of money maybe they'll offer more.

Tough one for me. I actually like Hines as a defender and I think it's important that we have four decent central defenders. We currently have that. But at the same time he is fourth choice and if he went you would assume Bates would stay, which I would obviously prefer. Plus, it would free up some money for a signing or two. But would it be too late in the window to put that money to good use? Or would Grounds (when he returns from loan) be promoted to fourth choice, with potential improvements made elsewhere on the pitch?

Difficult one for me as I don't know whether this sale would be positive or not. Ideally, in my opinion, we would bring in a striker and the rest of the squad would stay the same. Realistically, I think that's the best case scenario for me as although I feel that we really need two new strikers, I doubt that would happen without the loss of a player. So, I guess I want him to stay!

Hang on a minute....didn't St. Ledger go for £1m+ to Leicester?

On second thought with that in mind we should get at least double that for Hines.

I think he is worth a little more than £1m, but I don't see us getting more than that for him. Plus the fact that he is a fringe player doesn't help us with bargaining power.

As much as I think I'd prefer him to stay (so long as Bates doesn't go as a result) I'd be confident that Mogga could put that fee to damn good use! Although, like I said, the time constraints worry me a little.

If they consider him good enough for the Prem' even as a backup he must be worth at least £1m + add ons (apperances/they stop up/sell on clause)

It wouldn't free up much in wages but it would give us a few bob to bring in a back up striker at least.

Ok Bates is a better player, but losing Bates would leave us in a better place financially, with his wages gone and a fee Mogga may be able to bring in the striker he wants rather than the one he can currently afford UTB

Why do we want and need to sell him? The reactions so far on this thread baffle me! This kid has good potential, why would you want rid for 750k? This leaves us very short of cover, and allegedly we don't need to sell now....

Is Hines another James Morrison or Cattermole??? Only time will tell. But I agree with the majority. We have cover in Williams and if it means we can get in a striker (or2) as a result of this then I would do the deal. A million plus a sell on etc would be sufficient...

Haven't heard anything about this striker coming in yet. Still another 24hrs and we shall hopefully have something!