oneBoro Forum

The last of us remastered

As a newbie to the PS4 - I've seen loads of stuff about this the last of us game flying around on Twitter - anyone here played it and is it really as good as it's made out to be?

Really enjoying watch_dogs at the moment so not sure whether to get it immediately

I bought it yesterday and finished it in two sittings, you really can't put the controller down. It is brilliant.

The multiplayer is actually pretty fun too. Yet to begin the Left Behind DLC.

One of the best games I've ever played, won't be buying it again though, only reason being that its main pull is the absolutely astounding story which I now obviously know haha

• 4 weeks later...

Just got it - polishing off watchdogs then I'm going to immerse myself in it. Thanks for the recommendations, they guy in the shop told me to give up my life for the next few weeks...!

I disliked Watch Dogs primarily because expectations were so high following on from the blatant lies they spewed when presenting it at e3. The game really underwhelmed both in gameplay and in story for me.

Played The Last of Us at a mate's house. Was very pleasantly surprised, the storyline was brilliant. My only complaints were that the puzzle solving aspect with he ladders and planks is ridiculously samey and that the world is a bit restrictive (although that last one is to be expected in such a story driven game). Get it and play it, you won't regret it. Not my favourite game ever, but still a bloody good one. Was a game I honestly expected to resent as I'm really not a fan of linear, non-open world titles.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just completed the remastered version having already played it on PS3 and it just blew me away again. The story and characters are just perfect and there are so many weighty moments that feel real. Incredible acting from the voice actors too.

I'm normally against it, but I want this game to be a movie. This story needs to reach a wider audience.