oneBoro Forum

Match 27

BORO    V    Forest

Saturday 23rd January

@ The Riverside Stadium

Noooooooo, Groans ring out across Teesside & beyond as the unthinkable happens... Boro concede a goal seconds before the final whistle & to compound the shock of conceding our first goal in the championship since the 7th, November, Bristol City complete the double over us, Thats right, Bristol flipping City who are in the BOTTOM three, AARRRHHHH. 

Now lets put our championship form into some perspective. Our last defeat  was on the 7th, November away against Hull.. Since then we have played 10 games, W 8, D 1 & L 1.. F 13, A 1... Who wouldn't of signed up for that after the Hull game?.

Opponents.. Forest come into this game on the back of a comfortable 3-0 win against crisis club Bolton. For some form, Hear are their last 5 results.. 1-1 @ Cardiff, 1-1 @ Charlton, 1-0 V QPR (cup), 1-1 V Birmingham & 3-0 V Bolton.

Forest are currently 12th in the championship & are unbeaten in (11 games) all competitions since 21st November.

Top striker Assombalonga has been out all season & has been a massive miss for them, If he had of been fit maybe they could of reached the playoffs but as it is I think mid table beckons for them.

Previous game between us this season, Forest 1-2 Boro...

View from the other side....

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6&s=500795170dcc70933858dab80a0d6cf9

They don't have their MDT up yet so I will post the direct link when they do.

Select your team...

Dimi, Nsue, Ayala, Gibson (If fit) Friend, Forshaw, Clayton, Stuani, Nugent, Downing, Sola

Other key fixtures....

Birmingham V Ipswich

Brighton V Huddersfield

Fulham V Hull

Reading V Sheff Wed

Burnley V Derby (Monday)

Talking points...

1. Do you think we will sign a new player in time to play in this game?. Yes.

2. Who would you start up front? Sola.

3. Was not conceding is so long becoming a hindrance on our performances?. Yes

4. Will this game be the start of an unbeaten run of at least 5 games?. Yes

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Good start NB, let's see if you last longer than my 1 game winning streak (thanks a lot Boro for the embarrassment you useless sods :P)

1) No. Don't think we'll sign anyone until towards the end of the window leading to even more anxiety on the transfer thread.

2) Nugent.

3) No. We put in some very good performances up until Brentford.

4) Hope so. We could have 4 home games in 5 should MK Dons game be moved. Big chance to go on another run.

I'm sure it's a great opening post but alas I can't see it as I have you blocked, NB.

He said earlier he's unblocked all this previous blockee's.. Can't we all just be friends? ;-)

I'm sure it's a great opening post but alas I can't see it as I have you blocked, NB.

He said earlier he's unblocked all this previous blockee's.. Can't we all just be friends? ;-)

I'll let you in on a secret... I don't really have him blocked.

---------------Dimi---------------

Nsue--Ayala---Gibbo--Friend

---------Clayts------Grant-------

Stuani-----Fabrini----Downing

-------------Nugent-----------

Not massive changes but the 3 missing from the Bristol game were the worst performers so maybe freshen it up a bit. I wouldn't be too upset to see Forshaw in Fabrini's position or even keep Adomah on the left and put downing in the middle. It's going to be a tough game but we can win this, need to bounce back

--------------Dimi--------------

Nsue----Ayala----Gibson----Friend

------Clayton---Leadbitter-----

Stuani-------Sola------Downing

-------------Nugent-------------

I agree with Uwe, but I think Sola might be thrown in. Unknown entity, a week of training under his belt, and a kick up a couple of backsides (Adomah/Kike).

Would love to see us put Saturday behind us and blast these 3-0. But in reality I think it will be a real struggle. A very hard fought 1-0, Stewy to the rescue.

--------------Dimi--------------

Nsue----Ayala----Gibson----Friend

------Clayton---Leadbitter-----

Stuani-------Sola------Downing

-------------Nugent-------------

I agree with Uwe, but I think Sola might be thrown in. Unknown entity, a week of training under his belt, and a kick up a couple of backsides (Adomah/Kike).

Would love to see us put Saturday behind us and blast these 3-0. But in reality I think it will be a real struggle. A very hard fought 1-0, Stewy to the rescue.

Agree with most of this, although I still think we'll see Downing at no 10. Not sure about LW tbh.

I agree though it's going to be a real struggle of a match, did someone say Forest were unbeaten in 11? I'd take a scrappy 1-0 any day of the week.

It isn't so I will not use it!

Potential banana skin at home and Forest very capable of inflicting a rare home defeat for Boro unless they get a real grip of themselves and treat the game as they should.

I have a sneaky feeling that we are in a mini slump period and this could continue unless attitude changes.

Can see a draw out of this