oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Leeds (A) 0-0

Boro vs. Dirty Leeds

Kick-Off - Monday 15th Feb 19:45

Elland Road

pg-58-boro-rhodes-rex.jpg

Previously on Match-Day!

There are certain things you can count on in life; death, taxes and Jason Rhodes scoring goals and score he did. Sadly for Jason, he spent the majority of the game on the bench after Aitor Karanka decided that after spending 9 million pounds, he wanted to display not play his expensive purchase. Plastic Dons took the lead through a goal that we’d all love to forget as fast as possible and hopefully a lot faster than the way the ball trickled into the net (I still maintain I could have ran down ten flights of stairs and got there faster). Boro were left ruing a hatful of chances in the second half that could have secured us the three points and in the end we were lucky to have our blushes spared after a thrilling game of who gets miss of the season (if you haven’t seen the highlights the answer is Nugent btw), gaining a point to take us to the top of the table.

Current form is looking a little worrying with two defeats and two draws from the last four games, giving us a rather pathetic looking two points from a possible twelve. Boro need to get back to winning ways and fast. It seems odd to be top of the table and complaining so much but the feeling on Teesside is that we could have been away with the league by now if the team that defeated Derby had shown up. Unfortunately injuries at the back and faltering confidence upfront (and by faltering I mean a giant nose dive) have left us looking a lot less rosy than we were in the new year.

The Opposition

Well what can we say about the dirty buggers? Leeds are one of those clubs who are desperately trying to fly on the coat-tails of previous success, despite being unlikely to ever reach those heights ever again. Their current form is 2W, 1D and 3L and they sit 16th in the league. They've improved slightly under the Fat Controller and are capable of producing a shock result against the top teams in the league but I don't expect more than the dizzy heights of mid-table mediocrity from them come the end of the season.

View from the other side. - It's only a prediction thread at the moment. 

Earlier in the season Boro battered Leeds 3-0 at the Riverside. In a kind gesture of sportsmanship, Leeds self destructed and gifted Boro two of the three goals in rather spectacular fashion and it's definitely worth re-watching.  ;)

[video=youtube]

Line up

The 9 million pound question is should Rhodes start? Well I can't think of anyone who would actually say he shouldn't other than Nugent. :D

My team on the basis that Ayala is still out, I don't know where we are on that front.

--------------- Dimi ---------------

- Nsue - Kalas - Gibson - De Laet -

------- Clayton - Forshaw -------

-- Adomah - Ramirez - Downing --

-------------- Rhodes---------------

Talking Points

* Should Aitor play Nugent and Rhodes together?

* What should we do about Grant and Clayton both having 9 yellow cards?

* Will we see a special performance by Bamba again? :D

* Do you expect the run of poor form to end?

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

* Should Aitor play Nugent and Rhodes together?

At some point, yes. But for now Rhodes up top with 3 behind.

* What should we do about Grant and Clayton both having 9 yellow cards?

Play them. We need them both for this game.

* Will we see a special performance by Bamba again? biggrin.gif

He's either a clown or a rock. Very occasionally he'll be both in the same game (a c*ck). Hoping the clown shows up.

* Do you expect the run of poor form to end?

Yes, but I don't think it will just yet. I think we'll win this, but I expect another Brentford performance, with the points being largely undeserved. All eyes will be on Rhodes but I fancy Stuani to bag the only goal of the game.

1. I think he should play Ramirez behind Rhodes.

2. You should play the best players that you have available to you. If Clayton had played on Tuesday we might not have conceded.

3. I can confirm Bamba is going to spectacularly slip, unintentionally kicking the ball which lobs the keeper going into the back of his own net.

4. I expect the poor run to end and I expect a response from the players, but who knows whether it will end.

Good OP Red Rocket, nice one! Anyone know of any decent parking? Preferably where my car is unlikely to get stolen/keyed?

How far are you willing to walk Jimmy?

I will be parking a bit further out from the stadium, but in an area where less people park, and is quite good for a quick getaway afterwards.

Good OP Red Rocket, nice one! Anyone know of any decent parking? Preferably where my car is unlikely to get stolen/keyed?

I will be parking a bit further out from the stadium, but in an area where less people park, and is quite good for a quick getaway afterwards.

Tom just lives 10 mins away from Elland Road just park outside his house Jimmy ;)

I don't think that will be the team. Clayton and Leadbitter will be in, I don't believe Adomah will play but you might get something different like de Pena on the left and Downing on the right. If not it will be Stuani over there and either Downing or de Pena on the left. At some point though Karanka has to give one selection of players the chance to get some games together because chopping and changing as well as adding new players doesn't strike me as the best way to get a team playing well. So the question becomes what set of attacking players will give us the best chance of producing a winning team?

The bigger question however is why BoroTom has changed his name? 'Tom' lacks the gravitas of the old name and quite frankly it feels like you are ashamed of the Boro part of it. As a result I no longer have the respect for you that I used to have. **** **** **

Tom just lives 10 mins away from Elland Road just park outside his house Jimmy ;)

Ah cheers for the offer of your house Tom too kind ;) but na I'm willing to trek, quick getaway is ideal really, nowt worse than getting stuck in the post-match traffic (especially if we lose)!

I don't think that will be the team. Clayton and Leadbitter will be in, I don't believe Adomah will play but you might get something different like de Pena on the left and Downing on the right. If not it will be Stuani over there and either Downing or de Pena on the left. At some point though Karanka has to give one selection of players the chance to get some games together because chopping and changing as well as adding new players doesn't strike me as the best way to get a team playing well. So the question becomes what set of attacking players will give us the best chance of producing a winning team?

The bigger question however is why BoroTom has changed his name? 'Tom' lacks the gravitas of the old name and quite frankly it feels like you are ashamed of the Boro part of it. As a result I no longer have the respect for you that I used to have. **** **** **

The artist formerly know as BoroTom.

I don't think that will be the team.  Clayton and Leadbitter will be in, I don't believe Adomah will play but you might get something different like de Pena on the left and Downing on the right.  If not it will be Stuani over there and either Downing or de Pena on the left.  At some point though Karanka has to give one selection of players the chance to get some games together because chopping and changing as well as adding new players doesn't strike me as the best way to get a team playing well.  So the question becomes what set of attacking players will give us the best chance of producing a winning team?

The bigger question however is why BoroTom has changed his name?  'Tom' lacks the gravitas of the old name and quite frankly it feels like you are ashamed of the Boro part of it.  As a result I no longer have the respect for you that I used to have.  **** **** **

The biggest shock there is that you ever had any respect for me.

I just found there were far too many B usernames, and it was much harder for me to locate my own posts, which are, frankly, the only ones worth reading.

I don't think that will be the team.  Clayton and Leadbitter will be in, I don't believe Adomah will play but you might get something different like de Pena on the left and Downing on the right.  If not it will be Stuani over there and either Downing or de Pena on the left.  At some point though Karanka has to give one selection of players the chance to get some games together because chopping and changing as well as adding new players doesn't strike me as the best way to get a team playing well.  So the question becomes what set of attacking players will give us the best chance of producing a winning team?

The bigger question however is why BoroTom has changed his name?  'Tom' lacks the gravitas of the old name and quite frankly it feels like you are ashamed of the Boro part of it.  As a result I no longer have the respect for you that I used to have.  **** **** **

I personally would choose to play them both, I'm just not sure that he will risk them both getting yellows and then both being out at the same time. Stuani doesn't deserve to keep his place after a really poor display and I expect to see either De Pena or Adomah play.